• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Off The Bench

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off The Bench

Well, after a couple weeks of looking secured another contract today, so back off the bench. A happy man, so I have cracked open my first beer

Superb news, well done
    my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by Solent View Post
      Well, after a couple weeks of looking secured another contract today, so back off the bench. A happy man, so I have cracked open my first beer
      Have another
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Well done

Comment

Splendid!

Comment

Unfortunately no rate increase, but 100% working from home, with a trip into the office, once every two weeks. So I'm thinking rate rise, well I'm saving on travelling, but will miss that social interaction

Comment

Well done fella.

I got off the bench over a week ago myself. Still early days and a bit of a nightmare gig. It's a nice feeling getting back in the game.

Time to fire up the old invoicing printer!
              Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Congratulations!
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks all for the congrats and all that. Good to secure another 6 month gig in this climate.

Numerous calls prior to that about going over to the dark side... Noooooo !!!

However before securing this new gig, got put forward for a role (Agency A), great, right skill set, the client were keen to see me and then approached by another agency (Agency B). I interuppted the Agency B and explained that I had already been put forward and I would not like them to represent me. However, I was then told by Agency A that the client told them I had been put forward twice by 2 different agencies and therefore interview slot was cancelled.

Transpired that Agency B had put me forward at a much lower rate (which as not agreed or discussed with me) and made Agency A look like they were over pricing me. Needless to say I went ballistic, underhand tactics mad

Anyone else experienced this ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solent View Post

However before securing this new gig, got put forward for a role (Agency A), great, right skill set, the client were keen to see me and then approached by another agency (Agency B). I interuppted the Agency B and explained that I had already been put forward and I would not like them to represent me. However, I was then told by Agency A that the client told them I had been put forward twice by 2 different agencies and therefore interview slot was cancelled.

Transpired that Agency B had put me forward at a much lower rate (which as not agreed or discussed with me) and made Agency A look like they were over pricing me. Needless to say I went ballistic, underhand tactics mad

Anyone else experienced this ?
                    Oh yes - which is why a) my CV is PDF'd, so no cretin can change it b) has in big bold letters "You must not sent this to any client without my express permission" on it and c) I will never agree to my CV being sent without knowing who the client is. Ever.

I've seen it all, both as an employer and as someone looking for employment.

Comment

Working...
                    X