• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Walking off site

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walking off site

Anyone here walked off site and quit the contract with immediate effect for any reason at all? Or anyone had an 'impossible' client and had any similar dodgy situations arise?
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
    Anyone here walked off site and quit the contract with immediate effect for any reason at all? Or anyone had an 'impossible' client and had any similar dodgy situations arise?
    'Impossible' client yes, but walking off site might cost you, so dont do it. This is where your contractors steel balls come in useful.

grin a lot, nod like a fking nodding dog in an insurance advert, and above all, repeat the mantra

kerching
    kerching
    kerching

ahhhh , thats better. I feel an erection coming on

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Just think "cool wet grass" and count the 50 quid notes going into the bank :-)
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Yes, dropped a senior manager who was trying to bully. No repercussions at all and had a new contract two days later. Of course that was when pimps cared.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Yes, dropped a senior manager who was trying to bully. No repercussions at all and had a new contract two days later. Of course that was when pimps cared.
          When was that? Did I blink and miss it?

Comment

Where's MF? he's an expert on such things

Life is a matter of priorities, my quality of life and sanity is number one priority - that's why am contracting, I get more choice, and have more control of where and what to do this way (well within reason), I believe if your work situations or people you work with are truly impossible (well they are all impossible, but there are degrees of impossibilities I suppose) then quitting is best thing for your sanity and self confidence, leave while you are still strong, but do it the honourable way, talk to the people and see if you can get an early release. Try not to burn any bridges, business is business, always remember that if they wanted to get rid if you, they wouldn't think twice about it, do what's best for you without any guilt

Comment

Walked off a permie job just the once and absolutely nothing bad happened - but it's a risk, no doubt of that.

Comment

I almost walked last week. Can't go into details. PM if you want to know more
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  Because they won't let you post on CUK?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    baggy, my friend. you are obviously going through the mill. but try to calm down a little, for your own sake
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X