• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mo Mowlam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mo Mowlam

Another ministers opposed to Iraq War dies (after an illness related initially to "hitting her head")... conspiracy theorists must be having a field day.

was that banging it against a brick wall then!
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

Sad news, I didn't agree with her politics, but she came across as a stright talking, no-nonsense politician, and a nice person.

I also admire her courage in not trying to cover up the results of her treatment. In the vain and image conscious time that we're in, that must've been a tough decision.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong
        Sad news, I didn't agree with her politics, but she came across as a stright talking, no-nonsense politician, and a nice person.

I also admire her courage in not trying to cover up the results of her treatment. In the vain and image conscious time that we're in, that must've been a tough decision.

One less dissenting voice.... Who's next...?

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
          was that banging it against a brick wall then!
          No, actually her pillow, whilst in bed...
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

That's two of only 3 Labour ministers I have any respect for now gone.

Sky News keep cycling through various video clips and photos. On one of them, we see Robin Cook on the left, Mo Mowlam in the middle, and Peter Mandelson on the right.

We can only hope it comes in threes.......
            Discuss PDA/Smartphones
            Yeovil Town FC - the real green & whites

Comment

I was rather saddened reading that Robin Cook died as he came across as rather decent chap with principles valued above personal career. Same can be said about Mo -- she seemed to have been much more straightforward talking for a politician than many others.

Comment

I'd second that !
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

Personally I hold most politicians in complete contempt. The ones who have made it to the HoC have generally done so by back stabbing all and sundry so they can get their greasy snouts in the trough. Then once there they will do everything they can to keep the gravy train running. Mandleson has to be the best example of this. A greasy slimy sh1t of a bloke who has been caught red handed on more than one occasion who still gets plumb jobs because he is mates with Teflon Tone. w@anker!

There are however a few who seem to do it for the right reasons, like the good of the country and I think mo was probably one of these.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

2 out of 3

That's two of only 3 Labour ministers I have any respect for now gone.

I can buy Mo Mowlam as being worthy of respect.
                    But Robin Cook!!
                    And who is the 3rd one you respect then, if I might ask?
                    Why not?

Comment

Working...
                    X