• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now the tories are attacking straight men

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now the tories are attacking straight men

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-families.html

He said the Conservatives had been 'wrong to get hung up on homosexuality'.

'I think we indulged prejudice in the 1980s and missed the point,' he said.

'It's not gay men who are abusing women and abandoning children - it's straight men.

'And the demand for civil partnerships, proper inheritance rights and equality in adoption rights from gay couples is not a rejection of commitment but a desire to see commitments celebrated and publicly embraced. It is right and moral.'
    Is the gay vote really that powerful since all the politicians are pandering to them? Now the tories are at it. I thought there would be more people like me out there- straight bloke with Christian morals.

Well down the drain goes my Tory vote, Mr Cameron. Maybe UKIP now?

It's the Homophobic agenda, the PC of parties. I maybe speaking out of turn, but I do think that every party wants to jump on the wagon of supporting lesbians and gays, ok, their sexual preference.

They fell to understand the moral issue, albeit christian issue (irellevant of religion for fear of offending other religions) of the bond. Blimey, we are on this planet to love and bring in this new generation, our future seed corn.

Angers me, that PC has diversified and has gone soooo wrong sometimes

Comment

Their small PC brains must get into a short-circuit when they realise not only Christians (who they don't care less about offending, indeed it's considered fair game) but Muslims, Jews and people of other and no-faiths value marriage and do not equate other arrangements with it, and do not want alternative lifestyles promoted to their children.
      Last edited by contractor79; 5 August 2008, 23:55.

Comment

Careful you lot. the PC police will get you

http://www.stonewall.org.uk/campaigns/1961.asp

Stonewall believes that the newly-extended criminal offence of incitement to hatred will go some way towards addressing the hatred and violence directed towards lesbians, gay men and bisexuals in Britain at a time when homophobic attacks are on the increase. It sends a strong signal that such behaviour is unacceptable in a civilised society. Like race, a person's sexual orientation is an intrinsic characteristic for which no citizen should ever feel under threat of verbal or physical violence.

Regrettably the House of Lords also voted, by 178 votes to 164, to retain an amendment to the Bill that Stonewall believes is unnecessary and could mean that a very small number of people of extreme views attempt to avoid prosecution by citing a 'religious defence'. We will work hard to press Ministers, the Crown Prosecution Service and police forces to ensure that this defence is not deployed unscrupulously by those who incite hatred.
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
          Their small PC brains must get into a short-circuit when they realise not only Christians (who they don't care less about offending, indeed it's considered fair game) but Muslims, Jews and people of other and no-faiths value marriage and do not equate other arrangements with it, and do not want alternative lifestyles promoted to their children.

So true. In fact Muslims hang gays in countries such as Pakistan and Iran, and when we get Sharia law here in a few decades time heaven help them!!

Comment

it's quite astonishing that so many MPs voted to scrap free speech with regards to this issue, thanks to the House of Lords for preserving it with that amendment

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              So true. In fact Muslims hang gays in countries such as Pakistan and Iran, and when we get Sharia law here in a few decades time heaven help them!!

yes, that fact really produces a huge short circuit in the PC mind, you can see the smoke for miles

Comment

How is stating the truth "attacking" anybody?

Admittedly, it's very strange to find a Tory stating so much as a minimal amount of truth, but surely we should welcome this unexpected (though doubtless short-lived) behaviour.

Comment

Well down the drain goes my Tory vote, Mr Cameron. Maybe UKIP now?
                  BNP

It's UKIP without the bourgeois pretensions... if you're going to be an unreasoning bigot, you might as well go the whole hog.

HTH

Comment

Is the gay vote really that powerful
                    10% of the population.
                    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Working...
                    X