• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you a software house?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you a software house?

Anyone out there sell their software in addition to the contracting wing of their companies?

I can sell you cheap versions of Windows and Office if you like - all genuine versions sourced from Malaysia
    Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Software house

I mean software you've developed yourself, Dilbert.

Comment

No. I moved on from developing software years ago. I leave that to Indians and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
          I can sell you cheap versions of Windows and Office if you like - all genuine versions sourced from Malaysia
          What about an up-to-date set of MSDN CDs?

They'd be quite useful to have, and poke about in; but I don't fancy forking out thousands.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

what is MSDN?
            Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Don't you worry yourself about those awfully complicated buzzwords, now be a dear and fix me a G&T.

Comment

or how about a V&T after working through the MSFT MSDN I need some RnR and several G&T's, not forgetting to RTFM when somthing does not work!
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by Bovvered
                  Anyone out there sell their software in addition to the contracting wing of their companies?
                  Yeps all the way from MacD priced shareware to multi-million one-offs.

Claim to fame: One of my bits of shareware is licenced and used by Rolls Royce to help develop maintenance schedules for the jet engines they make.

Sometimes think I really do not charge enough.

Anyways, if anyone from UK Gov is reading I can do you a practically off-the-shelf Child Support Support System for £500m which you must agree is an utter bargain compared to what you currently use.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Indeed. If you want programs for identifying bugs and weeds.

www.gatekeeperel.co.uk
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X