• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More important local news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More important local news

http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/n...2007:34:17:670

It's quite a scoop!

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/n...sh_in_the_pan/

Never a dull moment.

Comment

Those articles are almost Wilmslow-esque in their excitement factor
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
        They just need to live somewhere exciting

Comment

Its unfair to knock the provinces. There's loads of interesting stuff going on all over the country if you look:

http://www.salisburyjournal.co.uk/ne...p_pan_fire.php

My fiver says they got back from the pub and were feeling a bit peckish so thought some chips would be a good idea. Then they fell asleep....

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post

That's Ipswich for you !!

Comment

Ah, Top End, Renhold - I used to go cycling around there of a Sunday when I was a kid in the Seventies

As it happens my father knows the chap who founded Bedfordshire on Sunday... you'd be hard pressed to think of a less-exciting name for a newspaper, but he made a success of it - Frank Branston is his name.

I do like this bit:
              Mr Harvey had problems sending us the photographs because his Internet was not working because of the disruption.

I've been wondering for years who owned this here Internet thing, and it turns out it was Mr Harvey of Top End, Renhold all along

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                It reminds me of the “Look Out East” segment of the Broken News show.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Excellent local news posting.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Stop the Presses!

Comment

Working...
                    X