• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Timekeeping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timekeeping

At the time of posting, the "Featured article" on Wikipedia's home page is History of timekeeping devices.

As a hard worker who has been happy to slave their guts out meeting the overpromises of people who didn't even know what they were promising (in permy days, obviously) only to then be castigated by the same people (small company, one of the owner/directors) for being "late for work" after being held up by a multiple collision on the M1, am I the only person to think that the world would be a better place if people abandoned their obsession with timekeeping - particularly those who positively enjoy getting up at half-past-five in the morning, and despise the rest of us who don't function according to their particular body-clock?
    Early-rising Nazis should be hanged
    36.67%
    Meetings should never be scheduled before lunchtime
    20.00%
    There's a 7 in the morning as well?
    23.33%
    Andyw knocks me up first thing
    20.00%
    Last edited by NickFitz; 7 August 2008, 01:20. Reason: Refining the text

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    particularly those who positively enjoy getting up at half-past-five in the morning
    I was at client co this morning for 05:30am. Thats a normal start time for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      I was at client co this morning for 05:30am. Thats a normal start time for me.
      Well, people want their milk delivered in time for breakfast, SP! 6:50am for me....that's normal too. I'll be knocking off at 4ish (if I can last that long....)
      Last edited by Flubster; 7 August 2008, 06:33.
      Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

am I the only person to think that the world would be a better place if people abandoned their obsession with timekeeping -
        Yes, get out of bed at a reasonable hour you lazy git

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Yes, get out of bed at a reasonable hour you lazy git
          WHS
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

At the time of posting, the "Featured article" on Wikipedia's home page is History of timekeeping devices.

As a hard worker who has been happy to slave their guts out meeting the overpromises of people who didn't even know what they were promising (in permy days, obviously) only to then be castigated by the same people (small company, one of the owner/directors) for being "late for work" after being held up by a multiple collision on the M1, am I the only person to think that the world would be a better place if people abandoned their obsession with timekeeping - particularly those who positively enjoy getting up at half-past-five in the morning, and despise the rest of us who don't function according to their particular body-clock?
            Yeah Nick, I'll see you in the pub sometime next week... <---See? Flaw!!!

Comment

I remember the days when a lie in went till after 9am. Then two kids came around and changed my nocturnal hours forever.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                I remember the days when a lie in went till after 9am. Then two kids came around and changed my nocturnal hours forever.
                When they're teenagers, you'll be able to lie in as long as you like. But they'll go to bed after you.

I worked in one company, and would arrive at 7:30am to beat the traffic. I'd then leave at 4pm, to much tsk tsking. So, I started arriving at 10-10:30am, and would leave at 6pm. I was applauded for always working late.

most odd. ( For the hard of thinking, formerly I was working 8 hours - half hour for lunch -, latterly 7-7.5 hours ).
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  most odd. ( For the hard of thinking, formerly I was working 8 hours - half hour for lunch -, latterly 7-7.5 hours ).
                  Thanks. I had no clue what you were getting at until that crucially important explanation

Comment

Someone let me sleep. Please please please.

Comment

Working...
                    X