• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain 2005

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain 2005

Boy, 12, accused of raping child

A 12-year-old boy has been charged with raping an eight-year-old boy in Greater Manchester, police have said.
    The accused boy, who is from the Wigan area, has been charged with two counts of rape and seven counts of sexual assault.

He also faces three counts of engaging a child in sexual activity. It is believed that the offences took place within the last six months.

The boy was due to appear before Wigan magistrates on Friday.

Words fail me...... from The Beeb
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Societies reap what they sow.

For years now it's been increasingly difficult for teachers, police and even parents to discipline their children. Kids today don't get the "Right from Wrong" message hammered home, resulting in some running amok and being virtually feral.

Some of this wouldn't go amiss, or even some .
    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Agreed it's shocking and increasingly not such a rare event.

However, I have to ask...
      He also faces three counts of engaging a child in sexual activity
      As he is himself a child, surely such a charge doesn't make sense?
      Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

and why not?
        Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Can't the plod just accidentally shoot him?
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

This is a result of eating hamburgers, as it makes kids "frisky".
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
              As he is himself a child, surely such a charge doesn't make sense?
              That's true, and until recently if it came to court the judge would have ruled the child "doli incapax" in common law and dismissed the case there and then (unless the child had shown clear evidence of knowledge of wrongdoing).

But I think the law has recently been changed. See:

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/docs/tyc1.html

and:

http://webjcli.ncl.ac.uk/1998/issue3/walsh3.html
              Last edited by OwlHoot; 19 August 2005, 17:15.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

He can understand right and wrong. He can also be guilty of rape, assault and abuse. What I have trouble grasping is the concept of sex with a child. For example, if a 50 year old man has sex with a 13 year old girl, then it's a clear case of sex with a minor. But if 2 frisky 13 year olds decide to know each other a little better then it seems strange to me that they are guilty of sex with a minor.

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
                  He can understand right and wrong. He can also be guilty of rape, assault and abuse. What I have trouble grasping is the concept of sex with a child. For example, if a 50 year old man has sex with a 13 year old girl, then it's a clear case of sex with a minor. But if 2 frisky 13 year olds decide to know each other a little better then it seems strange to me that they are guilty of sex with a minor.

I think that 2 frisky thirteen year olds wouldnt be done, i Think the isssue here is the 12 year old has basically put himself in a place of power over the 8 year old and performed these sick acts.

Comment

Originally posted by allanh1
                    I think that 2 frisky thirteen year olds wouldnt be done, i Think the isssue here is the 12 year old has basically put himself in a place of power over the 8 year old and performed these sick acts.
                    I think charging him with rape/sexual assault is enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X