• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That'd go down wel hear, spelung...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That'd go down wel hear, spelung...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7546975.stm

Damn, I was all ready to be whipped up into a "Daily Mail immigrant stole my job" rage but it turns out that I pretty much agree with him.

English has always changed and is all the better for it.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Just so long as we don't start spellung "colour" as "color"...
      similarly, I am afraid that twelfth should not be twelth, because that loses the fact that it comes from twelve. And no, I'm not going to argu aboot it.

Comment

Is this the same lot of happy clappy nutters that earlier this week said we can't call fat kids fat kids any more?

Silly cnuts.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
          Is this the same lot of happy clappy nutters that earlier this week said we can't call fat kids fat kids any more?

Silly cnuts.
          I fink is awful the way them kids is bein tort in skool now.
          they dont lern nuffink an they is all stewpid an ignorent. them teechers is fik too.
          nun of em ave got a klue ow to speek proper or nufink
          them poopils is goin to bee a berdun on the sosyity wen they leevs skool an cant fined a propper job like
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            they dont lern nuffink an they is all stewpid an ignorent. them teechers is fik too.
            them poopils is goin to bee a berdun on the sosyity wen they leevs skool an cant fined a propper job like

Scarily - you seem to find writing like that easy!!!!
            Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post

Scarily - you seem to find writing like that easy!!!!
              Wot u on bowt, i is the mowst litrit pursun on yer

is u dissin me coz i is wite
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                bl8tes m8. (2 mny wurdz).

narmeen?
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Mr Smith, a criminology lecturer, said: "Instead of complaining about the state of the education system as we correct the same mistakes year after year, I've got a better idea.

"University teachers should simply accept as variant spellings those words our students most commonly misspell.
                  May I suggest taking it a step further and accepting "variant answers" to some of the harder questions in exams too.

Think of the increase in pass rates.

Comment

What a tit - wonder what the top 10 are - I bet payed, definate and loose are in their.....(did you see what I did their?)
                    Blood in your poo

Comment

Working...
                    X