• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nouveau rich

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nouveau rich

As members of the nouveau rich what's the smallest monetary denomination you'd stoop to pick up off the floor?

Assume average environmental and hygiene conditions of the floor and surroundings. It is not money you dropped or on land you own or own/rent. Just outside or at the gym/shop/street dammit. You don't own it. Also it is lying on the floor having got there by chance, rather than still in someone's pocket or was in a shop till with a handful of other gleaming coins.
    Farthing/sixpence
    11.76%
    1p
    5.88%
    2p
    0.00%
    5p
    5.88%
    10p / 20p
    20.59%
    50p
    35.29%
    £1 coin
    8.82%
    £5 note
    11.76%
    £10 note
    0.00%
    £20 note
    0.00%

please, what/who do you lot think you are ?

Sustainability is the key

you may be a contractor this year, but if your contracting career ends next year is your lifestyle sustainable ?

have you got your plan b up and running while you were contracting to carry you through if/when contracting ends ?

Milan.

Comment

Every little helps!

Comment

it sure does Winston it sure does and that's what these jumped up whipper snappers seem to be forgetting

Milan.

Comment

I wouldn't demean myself by stooping to pick up money - I would get a servant to do it for me.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Where's the £50 note option?

Comment

Easy

if (money > timetaken to pick up money * contract rate)
              pick up money
              else
              walk on by

e.g. assuming it takes 10 seconds to pick up, and rate is £50 / hour

is coin/note > 10 / (60*60) * 50
              => is coin/note > £ 0.13

so 20p or greater would do

ps. I love the spec. Do you analysis or design for programmers by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                please, what/who do you lot think you are ?

Sustainability is the key

you may be a contractor this year, but if your contracting career ends next year is your lifestyle sustainable ?

have you got your plan b up and running while you were contracting to carry you through if/when contracting ends ?

Milan.
                Milan, you are getting to be too sensible.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  As members of the nouveau rich.
                  Orthographe! nouveau riche

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    Orthographe! nouveau riche
                    French words are so passée.

Comment

Working...
                    X