• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2012 Opening Ceremonyy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 Opening Ceremonyy

Well the events over in Beijing this afternoon are looking pretty spectacular so far.

Why do I get the horrible feeling already that the London ceremony is going to look something more like Jemini off of Eurovision a few years back ...?
    Last edited by moorfield; 8 August 2008, 12:46.

I was just watching it and thinking the same. No doubt we'll have some kind of "How to solve a problem like the Olympic opening ceremony academy factor in the jungle" tulipe to organise it.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Watching it in HD is truely amazing. Never bothered with the opening ceremony before but thought would see and just wow!

Comment

Lord (Seb) Coe must be sliding down in his seat and thinking "How on earth do we follow this....?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
          Lord (Seb) Coe must be sliding down in his seat and thinking "How on earth do we follow this....?!"
          Less pollution, less political suppression would probably be a good place to start ...

For me this whole Olympics is tainted for those two reasons alone. Something about this whole thing is deeply wrong.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
            Less pollution, less political suppression would probably be a good place to start ...

For me this whole Olympics is tainted for those two reasons alone. Something about this whole thing is deeply wrong.
            WHS
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
              Simply put we can't, odds are the Health and Safety crowd will object with so many people in close proximity and fireworks will be banned due to the loud noise they emit and the flashes that might effect people.

Comment

FFS, not the Olympics again

And the landlord at my local was telling me that the football season is starting as well

Bloody sport...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  So it'll be the reinstated Red Ken and his famous performing newts then, will it?
                  Nope, newts are endangered now so they're barred from being engaged on contracts purely for entertainment purposes, sorry.

I agree I loathe all of the hype around sports, these things take over the press endlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    FFS, not the Olympics again

And the landlord at my local was telling me that the football season is starting as well

Bloody sport...
                    luckily for me i'm for too busy so don't watch much TV anyway (actually probably none now that top gear is off air again)
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X