• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mobile phone for office purpose.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile phone for office purpose.

Want to buy a Mobile phone (contract) on companies name? from O2, When I went to them. They asked me to produce a letter from my company. I am confused about the matter I need to put on the letter as a Director. Please help me. I guess there is nothing wrong in buying phone on companies name for official purpose?

Regards
    Suresh

Indeed.

HTH

Comment

No, nothing wrong with companies buying mobile phones. O2's business division would have been very short-lived if there were.

Something like

Sir,

We are interested in engaging your company to supply us with mobile telephones. We would be grateful for an opportunity to discuss the possibilities with one of your representatives.

Yours faithfully,

Or you could ask them instead of us.

Comment

I bought my mobile personally, then once it was up and running just phoned up their back office monkeys and got them to change the contract and bank account direct debits to ltdco which they did without any pfaff.

Comment

or a piss taking letter?

Sir/Madam,

As Director of xyz ltd i hereby give full authorisation for myself, <insert name> to setup an account with O2. Please contact us on..

signed

<same inserted name>
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Why woud you want a mobile phone for your office?
            Surely a landline would be cheaper.....
            Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
              Why woud you want a mobile phone for your office?
              Surely a landline would be cheaper.....
              They won't run a landline to the cubicle in the pub toilet

HTH
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I had this sort of hassle also.

Just do this instead, as I have:

Get a phone in your personal name
                Put your company name as the top line of your address
                Put the direct debit through your company account

Comment

Originally posted by Goodmans View Post
                  They asked me to produce a letter from my company.
                  Amusing as all the other comments are, all the phone people probably want is a letterhead, not a letter.

About eight years ago I opened an online business account in the name of my limited company with a well-known national chain (:cough: PC World :cough:) but, the first time I tried to use it (to buy a motherboard and a hard disc), they told me that they needed to see a company letterhead.

I pointed out that this meant I had to go home, design a company letterhead, print it out, then come back again. But all that would prove was that I had a printer.

The sales rep looked slightly confused, agreed that what I said might be correct, agreed that if I did just that it would meet all the criteria that he was supposed to meet, and hoped to see me later.

(Turned out there was a shop a couple of streets away from the flat that provided better service than PC World anyway )

Just print out a piece of "letterheaded" paper with your favourite word processing application - put together a quick logo next to the company name in some horrid bold typeface (or maybe a nice titling font like Albertus), add a footer that says "Registered as a business in England No. 1234567, registered address 10 Rillington Place, London" (insert whatever your actual address is), show that to them, and they'll have met the criteria set by some imbecile at head office who still thinks accounts are kept in ledgers by clerks wielding quill pens.

Comment

Working...
                  X