• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I do it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I do it

Those of you who were here last year remember I did Ramadan last year, fasted all the way through ...

So Ramadan is going to be here 1st or 2nd of Sept - depending on the moon sighting

Thing is am starting a new contract in 2 weeks, so not sure if I should fast this year too... also the fasting is about 2 hours longer this year - so should fast from around 4am till just before 8pm every day - that's no food, no water, not even coffee

Poll to follow
    Yes
    16.28%
    No
    16.28%
    Whatever, AndyW -
    67.44%

You religion is on shakey ground isnt it.... you are going to hell

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
      Those of you who were here last year remember I did Ramadan last year, fasted all the way through ...

So Ramadan is going to be here 1st or 2nd of Sept - depending on the moon sighting

Thing is am starting a new contract in 2 weeks, so not sure if I should fast this year too... also the fasting is about 2 hours longer this year - so should fast from around 4am till just before 8pm every day - that's no food, no water, not even coffee

Poll to follow
      Launch a jihad on anyone you seeing eating during daylight.

HTH

Comment

in a forest, if there is no-one there to hear it, does a falling branch make a sound ?

in the server room, if all the doors are locked, does Sandy eating a buttie, break ramadan ?

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          in a forest, if there is no-one there to hear it, does a falling branch make a sound ?

in the server room, if all the doors are locked, does Sandy eating a bacon buttie, break ramadan ?

??

Comment

you swine. you inserted that to get me into trouble.

now I'm for it

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post

Poll to follow
              Just do it (tm)

Comment

in the server room, if all the doors are locked, does Sandy eating a buttie, break ramadan ?

how come we don't have quality posts like this during working hours, am bored out of my head ( end of contract doing F all) and desperate for a good quality post...

Guys quality must improve next week...

Comment

you swine. you inserted that to get me into trouble.

now I'm for it

Comment

Yes, you should fast during ramadan. Maybe you should start practicing now. And keep it up for a month after end of ramadan, just to make sure.

And dont eat at night either.

It will do wonders to your metabolic system.
                    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
                    X