• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Third house viewer this week coming at 11...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third house viewer this week coming at 11...

Cannot believe I have three views in a week given the current climate.

In normal times it would be snapped by the first viewer - these days, I think people are going house viewing as a hobby.

Must be at least 10 views in total over several months and no offer.

If I was to keep and rent, surely prices must be on the way up in another 5 years or so?

This is one weird time for housing......

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Cannot believe I have three views in a week given the current climate.

In normal times it would be snapped by the first viewer - these days, I think people are going house viewing as a hobby.

Must be at least 10 views in total over several months and no offer.

If I was to keep and rent, surely prices must be on the way up in another 5 years or so?

This is one weird time for housing......
    These are normal times - average is 15 views for an offer. The early noughties will be seen in the future as abnormal times.

HTH

Comment

We had 14 viewings in 3 weeks for a house that was 40K under market value and that had great feedback from everyone who saw it (was looking to move to the US....bounced the idea when my wife decided she didn't want to live in the middle of a bunch of religious right wing nutters).

Problem is...people are looking, but nobody is buying - and even when someone does want to buy 60% of people are getting their mortgage application refused.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
        ...decided she didn't want to live in the middle of a bunch of religious right wing nutters)...
        um. AIUI, there are also democrats over there, who are, on the face of it, rather less right wing, and not particularly religious.

It's hardly the Christian equivalent of Saudi. Or Iran. Or Tibet. Or Myanmar. Or Nepal...
        Last edited by NotAllThere; 9 August 2008, 13:34.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Well, saw the viewers.

They have a baby on the way and really wanted a 3 bedroom house - mine is a 2 bedroom, and this was not clear to them. They were even given the leaflet on the house once they arrived here.

Estate agents are getting very desperate these days....

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            um. AIUI, there are also democrats over there, who are, on the face of it, rather less right wing, and not particularly religious.

It's hardly the Christian equivalent of Saudi. Or Iran. Or Tibet. Or Myanmar. Or Nepal...
            Nepal? I didn't realise it was a hot bed of fundamenthalism.. (spelers..i have a cold)

Comment

Sorry, meant Bhutan. Hotbed of Buddhist Fundamentalism. Hinduism tolerated, but no other belief systems.

Hindu fundamentalism, is found in certain states of India.

Funny that, I can't think of a Christian state in the world today, that actively, with government intervention, persecutes people of other religions. But I could be wrong.

( I wouldn't want to live in the S of the US either - but not because of the religionists, but because my family is mix-raced ).
              Last edited by NotAllThere; 9 August 2008, 15:27.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Other than in the Bible Belt where they're even crazier than the republicans.

And prone to riding around with pillow cases on their heads planting burning crosses on people's front lawns.

Comment

I've had 10 viewings in 2 weeks and 2 offers, all offers have been at the price I paid for it 2 years ago. Worst thing is I got the house for a very good price two years ago £20k under asking price, but the buyers don't believe me, they are just looking at www.houseprices.co.uk and seeing what I paid and offering that.

It's really bad in my area and one of the well known local estate agents 8 or 9 branches that has been around for years has just gone bust ! I'm being told that my house would of achieved £387,500 last November but now they recon I need to take £320k-£325k possibly less ! Still got a fair way to go till neg equity but it's scary stuff. Unfortantly I have to sell or buy the ex out and she is being unrealistic on what I should pay her, and even if she softens I don't really want the house just want to move on.
                  Last edited by Bumfluff; 9 August 2008, 17:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
                    I've had 10 viewings in 2 weeks and 2 offers, all offers have been at the price I paid for it 2 years ago. Worst thing is I got the house for a very good price two years ago £20k under asking price, but the buyers don't believe me, they are just looking at www.houseprices.co.uk and seeing what I paid and offering that.

It's really bad in my area and one of the well known local estate agents 8 or 9 branches that has been around for years has just gone bust ! I'm being told that my house would of achieved £387,500 last November but now they recon I need to take £320k-£325k possibly less ! Still got a fair way to go till neg equity but it's scary stuff. Unfortantly I have to sell or buy the ex out and she is being unrealistic on what I should pay her, and even if she softens I don't really want the house just want to move on.
                    have
                    reckon
                    'til or until
                    Unfortunatly

Question is, you've now got a £320K house, but how much is your mortgage?

Are you Wilmslows mate's ex? http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...d=1#post604248
                    Last edited by NotAllThere; 9 August 2008, 18:10.

Comment

Working...
                    X