• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

cv work history

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cv work history

given that most of my contracts have been 3 monthers, my work history is getting fairly long. How far back is one supposed to go with work history, as it could eventually span quite a few pages??

Same with me but often with repeat clients so I may have-

"Jan 06 to May 06 and Sept 07 to Dec 07- XYZ Ltd".

on my CV. I am desperately trying to keep my CV to < 2sides of A4 so I tailor it a lot for different types of roles. I have maybe 5 or 6 different CV's at any one time.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

CV bloat is a definite problem.

I tend to put fair detail for the last 2-3 years, trim it down a bit for 3-7 years and two-three liners for 7-10.

I never exceed 3 pages and have a version on 2.

I do tend to customise CV's for specific roles.

The stuff past 10 years I don't bother with.

Comment

Yup, three pages max covering 20 years. Most recent assignments get 1 paragraph, furthest back get one line.

All the good stuff is in the summary paragraph, which is of course the first paragraph on page 1, after name.

Comment

I tend to use bullet points rather than paragraphs, easier to do a fast summary read when you're faced with quite a few CV's to filter.

As someone who's done a fair bit of hiring over the years wordy CV's are just too much to bother with unless the first batch of scan read CV's prove to be a total bust.

Comment

I tend to use bullet points rather than paragraphs, easier to do a fast summary read when you're faced with quite a few CV's to filter.
            Definitely, I can get more on a page too, I find like that.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

You should have every contract job on your cv but different agencies will tell you different things. I have my last 3 or 4 described in paragraphs on the second page.

The older ones are just one liners with a general comment if the clients requires more info on these Im happy to supply on a separate sheet.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
              X