• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stockholm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stockholm

I'm looking at my next contract is going to based in central Stockholm, 3 months.

Does anyone have any recommendations of hotel's / b&b's / serviced apartments etc.

I'm working on an hourly rate with no expenses and so the best value/location etc. hotel would be ideal.

Chef
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

No, of course I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      I'm looking at my next contract is going to based in central Stockholm, 3 months.

Does anyone have any recommendations of hotel's / b&b's / serviced apartments etc.

I'm working on an hourly rate with no expenses and so the best value/location etc. hotel would be ideal.

Chef
      Get a nice tall blond girlfriend and have free lodging
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

have tried that one, didn't work out long term, am now onto lithuanian which is working out much better..

Comment

Finshed in Singapore already?
          Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

yep 3 months flies by

Comment

yep 3 months flies by

"lady boys"
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Suggest that you start here:

http://www.thelocal.se/noticeboard/

posting an ad and getting involved in the discussions may help you.

There are also ads on here:

http://www.blocket.se/ (What swedes use instead of eBay)

But it's all in Swedish. The section that you want is Bostad. You have to read the ads very carefully, what may appear to be a monthy rent will often actually be a flat for sale.

I have to warn you that arriving in town at the same time as 70,000 new students, all looking for somewhere to live (and all speaking Swedish) makes life really tough for finding somewhere.

IME there is no such thing as a budget hotel in Sweden (oh except for the Formule 1) and serviced accomodation charges about the same per day as a hotel (though for a larger room). You can sometimes get "bed and breakfast" but it bears no relationship to that which you would be used to in the UK.

HTH

tim

Comment

yep 3 months flies by
                  How was it?
                  Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
                    How was it?
                    He was so crap they didn't extend. You know the sort...

Comment

Working...
                    X