• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Running is proven to be good !!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running is proven to be good !!!!!

As somebody who has adopted a healthy lifestyle which includes running most days of the week, this proves that the effort is worthwhile!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7554293.stm

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    As somebody who has adopted a healthy lifestyle which includes running most days of the week, this proves that the effort is worthwhile!!

Who's a smug little tincanman then?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Who's a smug little tincanman then?
      ... and 'WALKIES !!' is good for you my furry friend.

Comment

... and 'WALKIES !!' is good for you my furry friend.
        Walking is for wimps. I have a car for every occasion.

Churchill

Comment

I've adopted a healthy lifestyle too. I don't drink on Mondays.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Isaac Hayes
            Jim Fixx
            Douglas Adams
            etc.

Comment

Could just mean that people taking up running at 50 were healthier than those that didn't take up running at 50. Likewise those with osteoarthritis are probably more likely to stop running, so those left running at 90 are the ones still alive and rheumatism free.

Comment

Thanks - but I think I'll stick to ambling.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                  Isaac Hayes
                  Jim Fixx
                  Douglas Adams
                  etc.
                  People who are going to have a heart attack generally have it in the morning.
                  This is due to the stress the body is under while it goes through the waking up bit.

Lots of people who go for runs do so in the moring after they wake up.

Thus it is the fact that the running is running in the morning that is the problem, not the fact that the running is running.

However, going for a run during the most dangerous heart attack period probably does not help.

Comment

Plenty of non-runners grasping at straws I see!

Comment

Working...
                    X