• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nosey neighbour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nosey neighbour

Nosey neighbour

I live in an old house subdivided into with poor sound insulation.

The Swedish nymphet upstairs from me (aka Bigbreats) has recently taken to rising at 5:30am to get ready for work. I am awoken when she jumps out of bed and starts walking around the creaky floorboards naked. She pads around for ages making more noise, and then runs down the stairs which back into my bedroom.

I can then not get back to sleep.

Do you think such a complaint is one that could be dealt with by my council's environmental health department? Or should I learn to live with it and deprive myself of sleep. It is quite detrimental to my current role where I am trying to learn new skills, as I am exhausted by 2:30pm.

I don't wish to move as I am five minutes walk from the city centre and 30 seconds walk to the park. It's a nice house with some interesting historical connections.

Yup, get on to health and safety. She could poke your eye out with one of those.
    Last edited by moorfield; 12 August 2008, 10:11.

Comment

Nosey neighbour

I live in an old house subdivided into flats with poor sound insulation.
      My window overlooks the girl next door's bedroom

This teenage nymphet (aka hot totty) has recently taken to rising at 5:30am to do stretch exercises naked, in front of her curtain less window. I am awoken when she jumps out of bed and starts writhing around the creaky floorboards naked (in plain view of my window).
      She pads around for ages making more noise, and then runs a shower and lathers herself up (also in plain view)

Do you think such a complaint is one that could be dealt with by my council's environmental health department? Or should I learn to live with it and deprive myself of sleep. It is quite detrimental to my current role where I am trying to learn new skills, as I am exhausted by 2:30pm and have developed a Metacarpal fracture from over-straining my wrist. This has caused me severe problems when using my keyboard and digital camera.

I don't wish to move as I am five minutes walk from the city centre and 30 seconds walk to the high school tennis courts. It's a nice house with some interesting historical connections.
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        Nosey neighbour

I live in an old house subdivided into flats with poor sound insulation.
        My window overlooks the girl next door's bedroom

This teenage nymphet (aka hot totty) has recently taken to rising at 5:30am to do stretch exercises naked, in front of her curtain less window. I am awoken when she jumps out of bed and starts writhing around the creaky floorboards naked (in plain view of my window).
        She pads around for ages making more noise, and then runs a shower and lathers herself up (also in plain view)

Do you think such a complaint is one that could be dealt with by my council's environmental health department? Or should I learn to live with it and deprive myself of sleep. It is quite detrimental to my current role where I am trying to learn new skills, as I am exhausted by 2:30pm and have developed a Metacarpal fracture from over-straining my wrist. This has caused me severe problems when using my keyboard and digital camera.

I don't wish to move as I am five minutes walk from the city centre and 30 seconds walk to the high school tennis courts. It's a nice house with some interesting historical connections.
        waterproof camera with zoom lens and image intensification system developed by NASA.

Comment

she came into the room and pointed a pair of 45's at me. in her hand she held a gun

Marlowe PI

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
          X