• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rape and drink and location location location

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rape and drink and location location location

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7553643.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7555299.stm

According to one government department, if you are in the UK, drink plays no part in the incidence of rape

According to a different department, if you are abroad, drink does play a part in the incidence of rape.

Now they both can't be right can they ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

According to one government department, if you are in the UK, drink plays no part in the incidence of rape

According to a different department, if you are abroad, drink does play a part in the incidence of rape.

Not letting you get on the plane drunk at Heathrow now makes sense.
    They are afraid that you'll get raped when the plane lands on foreign soil.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

Yep.... Both right!! The reason is because in the UK you are more likely to get stabbed first, and nobody wants to rape somebody with blood pouring out of all orifices.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        Yep.... Both right!! The reason is because in the UK you are more likely to get stabbed first, and nobody wants to rape somebody with blood pouring out of all orifices.
        Too kinky for me.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
          Too kinky for me.
          Any port in a storm

Comment

I'm very suspicious about any rape claim being linked to compensation.

A little story from 8 years ago:

A mate of mine picked the local bike up at a club and took her back to his and had his wicked way. Heads out the bedroom for a piss and a drink and comes back and finds her rifling through his wallet. Gives her a slap and throws her out the house with her clothes swiftly following her and heads off to bed.

Gets a knock at the door the next morning and get's dragged down the local cop shop and kept in the cells and has all the DNA tests, interviews and general tulip from the police. Guilty before presumed innocent, etc.

Mate get's charged and released a day or so later heads back to his house, grabs the little camcorder that the dirty perv has on his drawers and takes it back to the cop shop with the video footage of the tramp proceeding to go down on him quite happily.

Turns out the tramp had submitted her claim for compensation more or less the same time my mate was held in the cells.

Suffice it to say she never got prosecuted and my mate never even got a grudging apology!!!

Then there was the one in the papers where a lad got in a fight and ended up getting DNA tested and charged for rape. Seems some tart he'd had it away with on a one night stand went to the cop shop the next day and said she was raped by some tramp in a park just to get the compensation.
            "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

£11,000.00 compensation for rape.

Plan B forming here

Pass the Vasaline someone

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                get's
                gets

Apart from all your second- and third-hand drivelling, I'm wondering why you got that one right just a few words before getting it so miserably wrong - twice

Comment

Then there was the one in the papers where a lad got in a fight and ended up getting DNA tested and charged for rape. Seems some tart he'd had it away with on a one night stand went to the cop shop the next day and said she was raped by some tramp in a park just to get the compensation.
                  So where's the link to 'your mates' tape?

Comment

Don't believe a word of it, if that was true he would have been arrested for voyeurism and locked up for two years and then she would have got her "compensation" anyway.....

Comment

Working...
                    X