• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The deepest cut

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The deepest cut

The missus sister met a new guy about four years ago and they moved in together. He's a real essex boy and he never stops talking, I reckon he's got verbal diahorrea. Anyways he works as a storeman in a a forklift truck place, which is fair enough. He was quite keen to find out what I do for a living.

When we met up to go on a canal boating holiday he says in the pub 'still temping then EO?'

I wanted to gob the git

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    The missus sister met a new guy about four years ago and they moved in together. He's a real essex boy and he never stops talking, I reckon he's got verbal diahorrea. Anyways he works as a storeman in a a forklift truck place, which is fair enough. He was quite keen to find out what I do for a living.

When we met up to go on a canal boating holiday he says in the pub 'still temping then EO?'

I wanted to gob the git

Should have set fire to a twenty in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      'still temping then EO?'
      You should have gently slapped him about the mush with a fan of fifties.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
        You should have gently slapped him about the mush with a fan of fifties.
        Trumped my burning twenty. Well played.

Comment

you should have loudly pitied his poorly paid job and offered to buy the whole pub a drink to celebrate your latest temporary position..

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
            Trumped my burning twenty. Well played.

Comment

Should have said "Yeh! Bit strapped for cash too, How about you getting the rounds in"
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Keep up the image of being a ‘temp’. It’s easier for people like that to understand and for you to hide the income. Otherwise he’ll be on your case all the time to pay for this ‘n that, etc.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I say flash the cash and rub his face in it.

Show him one of your fancy motors. If you don't have a fancy motor, ask Churchill if you can borrow one of his.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                    I say flash the cash and rub his face in it.

Show him one of your fancy motors. If you don't have a fancy motor, ask Churchill if you can borrow one of his.

But not the Orange one, You don't want him to think you're a bit of a limp wrist

Hi! Winston
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X