• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The South

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The South

Travelled down to Dorset on Monday for a meeting yesterday. Stayed in a nice B&B in the lovely zzomerset countryside beautifulview from the window and all that.

Later I learnt only cash was acceptable dint have enough so the wee wifey let me stay and ask me to send a cheque when I get back home.

So I'm writing it the now... Are people in zomerset not just lovely?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

ah, trust. Heartwarming story that make you glad to be alive.
    Whereabouts did you stay

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      ah, trust. Heartwarming story that make you glad to be alive.
      Whereabouts did you stay

http://www.amberleybandb.co.uk/

£25!! bed and breaky - £50 cheaper than the holiday inn....
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

"Situated in the small village of Long Load,"

reminds me i need the 9:45 visit to trap 4..
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Travelled down to Dorset on Monday for a meeting yesterday. Stayed in a nice B&B in the lovely zzomerset countryside beautifulview from the window and all that.

Later I learnt only cash was acceptable dint have enough so the wee wifey let me stay and ask me to send a cheque when I get back home.

So I'm writing it the now... Are people in zomerset not just lovely?
          Not just Somerset, Dorset too. Mrs. W went to collect some dry cleaning a couple of months back, went to pay but realised she'd left her dosh at home, they let her take the clothes and said to just drop the money in next time she was passing. In addition, if it rains and there's washing on the line, our elderly neighbours not only take it in, she irons it and puts the folded pile on our dining room table.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            "Situated in the small village of Long Load,"

reminds me i need the 9:45 visit to trap 4..
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
              Not just Somerset, Dorset too. Mrs. W went to collect some dry cleaning a couple of months back, went to pay but realised she'd left her dosh at home, they let her take the clothes and said to just drop the money in next time she was passing. In addition, if it rains and there's washing on the line, our elderly neighbours not only take it in, she irons it and puts the folded pile on our dining room table.
              Yeah but in London, they will take in your washing, take your TV, your cash, jewellery AND then stab your in the face and pour petrol over you. Now that's community spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                Thats nothing, up in Liverpool there's a pub where you get a free drink, then a free sh@g, then another free drink and a packet of crisps.
                I havn't been myself, but the missus has been five times

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Yeah but in London, they will take in your washing, take your TV, your cash, jewellery AND then stab your in the face and pour petrol over you. Now that's community spirit.
                  It's very generous given the price of petrol.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    Thats nothing, up in Liverpool there's a pub where you get a free drink, then a free sh@g, then another free drink and a packet of crisps.
                    I havn't been myself, but the missus has been five times

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                    X