• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another life ruined

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another life ruined

Man arrested for hitting daughter
    Confusion is a natural state of being

I screwed up bigtime in my early teens. My father chinned me and I hit the deck like a sack of spuds.

I have been an angel ever since. Pretty much anyway...
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      I make it 6 lives, his and the lives of his 5 children who will now grow up to be cider drinking asbo chavs without discipline.
      B00med!

Comment

He should have spanked (with hand) making sure left no bruises. Or is that illegal now too?

Comment

I agree another life ruined. How that poor girl will ever get over the trauma of being told she had done something wrong I just don't know.

For the record I have never hit my daughter and can't imagine I ever will.
          Boom boom boom boom
          A-haw haw haw haw
          Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
          Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
            I screwed up bigtime in my early teens. My father chinned me and I hit the deck like a sack of spuds.

I have been an angel ever since. Pretty much anyway...
            Call Claims Direct and sue him.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Call Claims Direct and sue him.
              Where there's blame, there's a claim.

I'm on it.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderwaif View Post
                I agree another life ruined. How that poor girl will ever get over the trauma of being told she had done something wrong I just don't know.

For the record I have never hit my daughter and can't imagine I ever will.
                I was 13, the one and only time my dad slapped me - I said something to him that even to this day, I blush about.... I deserved that slap.

So, be careful - situations and emotions can be so charged that you can't be sure of your reactions
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  I was 13, the one and only time my dad slapped me - I said something to him that even to this day, I blush about.... I deserved that slap.

So, be careful - situations and emotions can be so charged that you can't be sure of your reactions
                  You can tell us! No-one else is listening.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

Point taken. Just emphasising that I don't see physical chastisement as part of normal disciplining.
                    Boom boom boom boom
                    A-haw haw haw haw
                    Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
                    Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Working...
                    X