• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taking a couple of months off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking a couple of months off

Just got back from holiday had some interest from the pimps, but went into the City yesterday, and couldn't quite bring myself to re-commit to that daily commute-grind yet.

The Mrs. reckons if I take a couple of months off it will make it hard to get a new gig later on, any thoughts?

I'm thinking if nothing materialises from the pimps I've spoke to so far, I'll stop applying for a while.

Originally posted by dude69 View Post
    Just got back from holiday had some interest from the pimps, but went into the City yesterday, and couldn't quite bring myself to re-commit to that daily commute-grind yet.

The Mrs. reckons if I take a couple of months off it will make it hard to get a new gig later on, any thoughts?

I'm thinking if nothing materialises from the pimps I've spoke to so far, I'll stop applying for a while.
    It can have some effect, but I'm currently taking some time off and am not concerned about finding a new gig.

Comment

A couple of months off will do no harm at all - you will be more refreshed and many contractors I know take large amounts of time to go travelling etc and I have never known it to pose a problem - basically if they need you and you fit the bill you should get hired.

Certainly come the day when I am on my death bed I will not regret that I could have spent more time in the drudgery of office work - will you ?

A few months May
      A few years Must
      Repose us in the Silent Dust

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
        A couple of months off will do no harm at all - you will be more refreshed and many contractors I know take large amounts of time to go travelling etc and I have never known it to pose a problem - basically if they need you and you fit the bill you should get hired.

Certainly come the day when I am on my death bed I will not regret that I could have spent more time in the drudgery of office work - will you ?

A few months May
        A few years Must
        Repose us in the Silent Dust
        Wise words, AJP, and elegantly put as always,
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Since when do you start listening to what your Mrs says?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Let her do the commute for a week and see how she feels about it!!

Comment

I reckon you are getting under her feet!

Get a new gig before she divorces you...

Comment

Yes, get another contract.

Yours
                The Milkman

Comment

it more likley she might have to get a job

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I reckon you are getting under her feet!

Get a new gig before she divorces you...
                    Actually she is on holiday still. I just got back.

Comment

Working...
                    X