• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paper cut - well sort of

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paper cut - well sort of

The missus goes to yoga on a wednesday, so I have taken to going to the pub, doing the sudkeo, reading the paper then going home and cooking the tea.
    So I am in the pub,fishing around in my tesco bag for the paper, which is somewhere underneath the lamb chops and 'JEEZ' fkin H christ

the plastic edge of the packaging sliced my thumb, near the nail.
    I bet it hurts worse than nearly severing your hand in a power tool accident.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    The missus goes to yoga on a wednesday, so I have taken to going to the pub, doing the sudkeo, reading the paper then going home and cooking the tea.
    So I am in the pub,fishing around in my tesco bag for the paper, which is somewhere underneath the lamb chops and 'JEEZ' fkin H christ

Tw@

Wednesday

Tesco

Christ

Please use Caps where appropriate
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      Tw@

Wednesday

Tesco

Christ

Please use Caps where appropriate
      what ?
      with my injury

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

what ?
        with my injury

Oh! sorry

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          What?

EO uses his thumb for SHIFT or CAPS LOCK?

Have they sown his hand back together wrong?
          I am in such pain.

if I use anything on that side of my body, it hurts.
          must have a lie down

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Pussy! I once stood in a doorway (door was one of those heavy bastards, designed to withstand about 10 years of fire) whilst chatting to a mate. I was supporting myself by grabbing the door frame, either side of me. The door silently began to close. My left thumb was nicely positioned in the space between the hinged side of the door and the frame. CRUNCH!!! Right in the middle of my thumbnail. Blood everywhere. I nearly fainted. I did puke. Miraculously, didn't break my thumb, but it did get infected. The end.

Comment

I am in such pain.

if I use anything on that side of my body, it hurts.
              must have a lie down

Pussy!

Once I, I, ........well I nearly did anyway

Once seen a guy blown up with a mortar round. We had to pick him up with a shovel. Wasn't half as bad as yours though EO

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                Pussy!

Once I, I, ........well I nearly did anyway

Once seen a guy blown up with a mortar round. We had to pick him up with a shovel. Wasn't half as bad as yours though EO
                I saw a motorcyclist's head come off. That was interesting. I was, I think, about 8 at the time. It was all a bit strange. I rememeber that the lady who's dog had run into the road, thus leading to the accident, was beside herself with grief, dashing into her house to get a rug to place over the well-dead pooch, with the severed, helmeted head inches from the doggy corpse!

Comment

Where there's blame there's a claim! www.injurylawyersbastardambulancechasers4u.com
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                  X