• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More Th>n

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Th>n

Just had the pleasure of calling More Th>n car insurance about my policy.

Usual press 1 for this 2 for that, then leads to little recorded Indian voice saying "sorry all services are down" with lots of background Indian voices then click brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Now that's service.

Direct line cancelled my insurance!

Got pulled by the rozzers.

"Sir, do you have insurance". Me being smug answered yes. They said no.

Phoned direct line at the roadside no record of me ever having had insurance with them.

Me produced insurance certificate (twas in my car with driving licence) phoned them again. "Oh, that policy has been deleted from our system. It was valid - the billing cycle still appears to be active though".

So they were billing me they just cancelled the insurance. Rozzers happy I drove home.

Still trying to get DirectLine to give me a refund for the 3 months it was "deleted" for.

Comment

Got through to More Th>n UK office.

All systems kapput. Have been all day, no idea when they will resurface.

Man in India is working with plenty quickness and no doubt plenty cheapness to fix.

Comment

More Th>n Account Manager

I had insurance with More Th>n. I was then mailed to be advised I had my own personal account manager who would handle any calls, claims etc. Renewal comes, quote is 120 quid more than 'More Th>n' on a comparision site. Called personal account manager who couldn't match the quote and didn't know how to remove themselves from my policy so I could get the cheaper rate. During the call they did confirm that the account manager idea was to retain customers - sheer genius. The account manager still emails me regularly even though I didn't renew with them.

Comment

Oops.

Better unplug my kettle and plug that other thing back in...............
          Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
            Oops.

Better unplug my hoover and plug that other thing back in...............
            Corrected it for you.

Comment

Working...
            X