• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A step in the right direction?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A step in the right direction?

or papering over the cracks?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7561880.stm

UK firms needing to employ FTVs will not only have to prove a need, but will have to pay for a licence to employ them. The individual will also have to be vetted to show they meet the need.

Shame they are not doing the same for intra company transfers.
    I think they should also put restrictions on how little these imports can be paid.
    Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 15 August 2008, 06:05.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

At least they are finally doing something.

The phrase "Too little too late" springs to mind though
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

<Slam>

Trail of hoofprints heading into the distance...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        <Slam>

Trail of hoofprints heading into the distance...
        Goat Boy! is that you?

Goatsie
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          At least they are finally doing something.

The phrase "Too little too late" springs to mind though

I'm such a cynic, but it couldn't possibly be that we have an election coming up where immigration is high on voters' agenda, and New Lie are trying to copy a certain popular right wing party's policies ?

Comment

Or the corporate donations are drying up. The small fry in selected sectors are being punished as a warning to others to keep paying up.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
              ....but will have to pay for a licence to employ them...
              It's all about more tax innit?
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
              X