• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How fast is the internet in Wales?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How fast is the internet in Wales?

I am off to Wales for 2 weeks. I am told the holiday cottage has broadband - how fast is that in Wales? Will I still be able to post on cuk - or will I need to pop over the border to England to be able to post drivel all day?

Where in Wales?

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
      Where in Wales?
      Conway Marina. Is that good or bad?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        It gets slower the higher up the mountain you go.

HTH.
        <national streotype mode>
        So I should keep down the coalmines?
        <\national streotype mode>

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Should be ok in Conway I imagine. Last time I had the mispleasure of being in The Wales I was in Broad Haven and hand to stand on top of the hill just to get a signal, and the rozzers stopped me on the A40 - nice stretch of road to speed on though.

Comment

There aren't any.

The English closed them all down.
            cough......Mrs Thatcher

Comment

Does the blow hole double as an RJ45 socket?

IGMC
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Cnowy town is a fantastic place, try the Liverpool arms on the quay.
                I did have trouble with my connection there though. The sheep carrying the packets just dont run fast enough.

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

There aren't any.

The English closed them all down.
                  So thats the reason we are now dependant on the Russians for energy - who could pull the plug at any moment.

I had always wondered...

Whenare the English going to close down those wretched choirs? I hope they let Tom Jones keep going though...

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                    Should be ok in Conway I imagine. Last time I had the mispleasure of being in The Wales I was in Broad Haven and hand to stand on top of the hill just to get a signal, and the rozzers stopped me on the A40 - nice stretch of road to speed on though.
                    I believe North Wales police are hottest in the UK on speeders. I hope the "I am in f4j" card works on them.

I only just got my clean licence back...

Comment

Working...
                    X