• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online charts that show oil, gold, silver and other commodities

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online charts that show oil, gold, silver and other commodities

Anyone know of any online charts (graphs) of main commodities (crude oil, gold, silver, etc).

Need something interactive that includes the ability to show moving averages (e.g. 30 week, 50 week) and different timeframes and scales. The sexier the better. Ideally flash/java/silverlight?

The best I've found so far is at http://markets.ft.com

Any better ones?

If you dont need intraday

http://www.livecharts.co.uk/daily_ch...ily_charts.php

has pretty much everything covered. Futures has brent, gold, silver prices
    Last edited by Pickle2; 15 August 2008, 15:17.
    The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

digitallook

Comment

Free Charts

Use www.prorealtime.com

They have free end-of-day charts where you can add all the common moving averages: 50, 100 and 200. If you want to go below daily charts, 1-hour, 4-hours etc, then they will offer you the chance to sign up. You can have a free 7-day trial. The service needs Java and runs from your browser so you can view it on any pc, no need for a download/install.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Anyone know of any online charts (graphs) of main commodities (crude oil, gold, silver, etc).

Need something interactive that includes the ability to show moving averages (e.g. 30 week, 50 week) and different timeframes and scales. The sexier the better. Ideally flash/java/silverlight?

The best I've found so far is at http://markets.ft.com

Any better ones?
          Its pretty clear that none of the suggestions meet your exact need.

I could build such an application, fully supported, scalable and marketable for £18,000

----a contractor

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

What a bunch of amateurs!

www.thebulliondesk.com
            www.nymex.com

Comment

Originally posted by bobsmithldn View Post
              What a bunch of amateurs!

www.thebulliondesk.com
              www.nymex.com
              Bulliondesk is too busy/messy. Charts are what's needed, not line after line of news.

Nymex is an exchange site. The charts don't allow for high levels of customisation.

As an 'amateur', I trade via Prorealtime.com and couldn't make a penny using the above. But if you like flashy sites, go for it.

"I could build such an application, fully supported, scalable and marketable for £18,000"

When I was a novice, everyone was trying to extract money from me!
              Last edited by larry; 17 August 2008, 23:24.

Comment

Working...
              X