• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbie question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie question

Hi All,

I am just about to leave my permie job in favor of contracting, but i have a few question if any body has a few moments to spare.

1. Do i need to provide my own equipment i.e. Laptop software etc
    2. Do you get paid weekly or monthly?

Thanks
    Sheridan

:rolleyes

Some clients do expect you to provide your own equipment. I contracted at Microsoft and contractors were expected to provide a high spec laptop at the very least (they don't use desktops there).

Most agency contracts expect monthly invoices but some are weekly. So depends.

Good luck and don't forget to push for IR35 friendly contract terms, join the PCG or similiar for insurance and expect the government to try and put you out of business at every opportunity.

Comment

Working...
    X