• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More call centre rubish

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More call centre rubish

I switched my phones from BT to Centrica (Onetel) only to find out that no ISP will touch Onetel lines for Broadband.

So I ring Onetel to get broadband and speak to an Indian called something that only the mermaid from SPLASH could pronounce.

About 2mins into the conversation and me repeatedly saying, "I have no idea what you are saying" I started to get pissed off with him and shouted "I WANT TO SPEAK TO AND ENGLISH SPEAKING CALL CENTRE" To which he replied "ve do not be having any english speaking call centres"

Anyway I rang Onetel's head office and managed to speak to a Londoner. She rang the call centre on my behalf and set-up the broadband. When she rang to tell me that it had been done she said, "You know, I couldn't understand a bloody word they were saying"

There must be other ways of getting around speaking to these people.

With all this in mind. I know that if a UK call centre calls me and I tell them to F off I could be prosecuted. Does the same law apply to Indian call centres?
    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

OneTel? Oh you poor bugger you are soooo going to regret signing up with them.
    Originally posted by wc2
    With all this in mind. I know that if a UK call centre calls me and I tell them to F off I could be prosecuted. Does the same law apply to Indian call centres?
    Err you can? Under what law? (is always telling them to F**k off)

Comment

pay peanuts get ........... urm ........... call centre monkeys !

SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

"I WANT TO SPEAK TO AND ENGLISH SPEAKING CALL CENTRE"

No wonder they had trouble understanding

Comment

SHOUT LOUDER – they will understand you then…….

SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

Shocking

those damned outsourced call-centre staff, I bet half of them can't even spell rubbish. Shocking, sack the lot of them, harrumph.
            Why not?

Comment

World going mad.....

Why oh why is the trend towards call centres? You cant call Foc*s, PC W*rld, etc etc and speak to someone at the store, it all has to go through a call centre!! It drives me MAD!! They then add insult to injury by putting the call centre in India. My surname is a standard English word but I still have to spell it to them......!!

When will it all end?

That well known mobile Operator in Newbury has voice recognition software that wouldn't recognise it's own grandmother!!! Grrrr!!!

*SIts down and relaxes*

Thanks I feel better now!! :-)

Comment

Dont forget that a lot of support centres are also on premium rate phone lines. Which I believe should be illegal.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                X