• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Minister wants supertax on Britain’s top earners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minister wants supertax on Britain’s top earners

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/mon...cle4547848.ece

With defeat looming New Liebor is shedding it's skin. Apparently they want this tax on the rich to help the middle classes. But aren't the middle classes the ones that this lot have been milking for the last 11 yrs, to pay for their crazy social experiments?

Lewis points to families who take two holidays a year, belong to private gyms and eat in restaurants, but struggle to pay soaring bills, as the group in need of help.

“If, as a result of the current economic situation, the only way to help hard-pressed middle-class families is to ask the highest earners to pay more, then serious consideration should be given to that,” he writes.

Originally posted by Turion View Post
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/mon...cle4547848.ece

With defeat looming New Liebor is shedding it's skin. Apparently they want this tax on the rich to help the middle classes. But aren't the middle classes the ones that this lot have been milking for the last 11 yrs, to pay for their crazy social experiments?

Lewis points to families who take two holidays a year, belong to private gyms and eat in restaurants, but struggle to pay soaring bills, as the group in need of help.

“If, as a result of the current economic situation, the only way to help hard-pressed middle-class families is to ask the highest earners to pay more, then serious consideration should be given to that,” he writes.

What happened to labor's pledge of a classless society?

Tax the upper class to help the middle class to help the upper class to screw the working class to help cover the reduced income of the upper class confused.con

Time that Brown and his cronies got the boot methinks
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

This is an excellent idea.

It should start at 75% of all income above 1 standard deviation from average earnings and 98% at 2 standard deviations.

If the Darling/Brown would hold an emergency budget and introduce that measure we would all be better off.......

...... because the government would fall within the week.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

What the heck? When did private gym membership, 2 holidays a year and eating in restaurants become a basic human right?

Comment

Interesting that governments with lower tax bands raise more in taxes. But Liebour never lets facts confuse their thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
            What the heck? When did private gym membership, 2 holidays a year and eating in restaurants become a basic human right?
            Since the middle classes had to let their chefs go, forcing them to eat in restaurants, learn to cook (heavens forbid) or starve. I believe some contractors here had to lay their domestic staff off recently....
            Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

but Liebour CAN help here...

You seen that program about dodgy restaurants. These middle class restaurant eating types need protecting! I think Darlings got an idea for this:

More taxes on eating out. That should help these poor souls, just like we're helping those feral kids, binge drinkers, and middle class wine sozzelers by increasing alcohol tax.

Hmme....how can we help all those poor motorists stuck in traffic jams...

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                What happened to labor's pledge of a classless society?

Tax the upper class to help the middle class to help the upper class to screw the working class to help cover the reduced income of the upper class confused.con

Time that Brown and his cronies got the boot methinks
                NL is still working on a classless society...if this new tax goes ahead then all those upper class knobs will leave the country...keep this up long enough and you will only have one class of person in this country, the lower classes (cause they cant afford to flee like everyone else! ).

Mailman

Comment

Yeah all that will happen is the super rich just move abroad.. I'm sure I heard my dad tell me this happened before the 70s or something?? When tax was 98%, might just be a fairy tale but sure there's some similar story which was reality.
                  The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
                    Yeah all that will happen is the super rich just move abroad.. I'm sure I heard my dad tell me this happened before the 70s or something?? When tax was 98%, might just be a fairy tale but sure there's some similar story which was reality.
                    Yes but that time they forgot to put exit taxes in place, to protect the government's revenue stream

Comment

Working...
                    X