• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Email chats…..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email chats…..

There is a colleague just opposite me – instead of talking and asking me things, she keeps sending emails. Eg, last email asking if I had a suitable project for deploying standing up of QC on. As we are both at our desks I seriously question her communication skills.

On Friday she interfered in a project assigned to me worried about something that was completely out of scope of the remit, and talked to several project people about this – I saw red at this, and came close to shouting, really angry at her interference – maybe this is why she feels she cannot talk to me this morning.

Anyone else got colleagues who just email and sit in silence? How do you deal with them, given that pokes with hot sticks are probably not very welcomed in HR’s eyes?....

The joys of permiedoom……

Emails introduce the element of traceability and audit.

You my little retarded friend, have a lot to learn.

Put the kettle on, eh?

Comment

Assign her emails to junk mail, and email her to tell her you have done so.
      Make her talk to you. Then avoid looking directly at her, and hum or whistle when she does so.
      Annoys the hell out of people
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        Assign her emails to junk mail, and email her to tell her you have done so.
        Make her talk to you. Then avoid looking directly at her, and hum or whistle when she does so.
        Annoys the hell out of people
        Sponge!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Sponge!
          Bath

Oops! wrong thread

Comment

Wilmslow!

<< canned laughter >>
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

You are too stressed Wilmslow, Here you are, a stress buster.

Bubblewrap

SFW

PS. Better with sound

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                last email asking if I had a suitable project for deploying standing up of QC on.
                In English?

Why does it make a difference if you deploy it standing up or not?

Comment

Working...
                X