• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ANy one out there done the CWNA Certification.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANy one out there done the CWNA Certification.

Hi All,

I am interested to know if any of you out there have completed any of the CWNA certs, (www.cwnp.com) for those of you that dont know what it is.

I would like to know if it has benefited you in anyway career wise, I have worked in the IT industry for the last 10 years and think some thing like this, with the way wireless is going, may help me out.

On the flip side I would also like to know if any of you have heard any bad reports about this cert.

Thanks for any info you can give me guys,

FMZ

Never heard of it.

What does JobServe throw up if you put CWNA in?
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 18 August 2008, 09:04.

Comment

I went as far as getting the course book a couple of years ago. It looked relatively easy but focused very much on the field engineer aspects. However, once you get the CWNA I think the idea is to go on to the next one (CWNE?) quite quick.
      Also bear in mind it is not all that useful for 2 reasons:
      1. It fails the jobserve test (last time I looked)
      2. The technology is changing way too fast to keep up with right now.

So it's a good start I guess - is it up to speed these days, 802.11n & LTE etc..?
      Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Never heard of it.

Hi,

Jobserve doesnt throw up anything at all, infact not one agency website I have searched has done so far, which is kinda worrying.

I wonder though if this is a kind of slow to start area, I can see wireless being used all over by large companies. Yet most of them arent implemented securely or properly, leaving valuable data open to public view. I was hoping having a certificate of this nature would make the company I work feel at ease that their wireless network is in fact secured.

Comment

Never heard of it.
          Me neither.

0 results.

http://www.jobserve.com/JobListing.a...5E8C8BE40AC405
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
            There's his answer then.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
              I went as far as getting the course book a couple of years ago. It looked relatively easy but focused very much on the field engineer aspects. However, once you get the CWNA I think the idea is to go on to the next one (CWNE?) quite quick.
              Also bear in mind it is not all that useful for 2 reasons:
              1. It fails the jobserve test (last time I looked)
              2. The technology is changing way too fast to keep up with right now.

So it's a good start I guess - is it up to speed these days, 802.11n & LTE etc..?
              Your right about it being focused on the Field Engineer, I am moving to OZ next year and was looking forward to getting back to field based work out there.

I honestly dont think it is all that up to date though, I have not seen anything in what I have read so far that mentions Draft N.

I am starting to think spending a month or so studying for this exam maybe a waste of time when I could be getting certified in some thing more useable.

Thanks mate.

Comment

I think it'll always be a niche technology. I've worked in places where it's implemented, but it's always as a guest/mobile user type of solution so never gets priority and will never be implemented widely in big firms.

It's a toughie, might work out ok cause it is niche, but equally as a career move I dunno. If I was looking for a road to go down in terms of cisco quals, away from routing and switching then voice is only going to get bigger and there are still not a lot of good voice guys out there. Or if you ant niche then storage pays well it looks like (ALso looks pretty boring, but that's just my 2c).
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                X