• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ooh - too good to be true? Where do I sign up?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh - too good to be true? Where do I sign up?!

I've just been over to Business/contracts and happened to pass by the TRM thread,

I've just now stopped laughing and wiping tears from my eyes. There are loads of new posters running around like headless chickens after the HMRC have started to investigate their offshore scam and it's turned around and bitten them on the bum...

And they accused us at the beginning of the thread of not having anything to say about these scheme/scams - maybe that's because we don't use them....

I must say that Mal, Ardesco and the other regulars have kept a remarkably straight face whilst attempting to help them out (though Mal isn't suggesting PCG membership for some reason... ). I did my bit by not posting, it would have felt like kicking (rather fat and greedy) puppies....
    Last edited by cojak; 18 August 2008, 12:29. Reason: it's in Business/contracts..
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    it would have felt like kicking (rather fat and greedy) puppies....
    Hey, you know I like it when you wear those heels!

Comment

Cojak in Subtle as a brick Mode
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Nice one, cojak. I have had a sneaky peek at that thread now - great stuff!
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Hey, you know I like it when you wear those heels!
          I'd doubt you'd survive!
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Actually I'm just waiting for another first time poster slipping is with "I'm off-shore but I'm legit/have special dispensation/am GB's second cousin/have 'interesting' photos of Alistair Darling - sign up with me and you'll be saved".

The victims have started thrashing - it won't take long before sharks smell the blood/money....

Comment

It's kept me amused for a while. I'm fairly sympathetic towards the Montpellier peeps, as it's the retrospective taxation they're mostly kicking against, but TRM. These guys shouldn't have been allowed out on their own.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
              X