• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to stock up...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to stock up...

On tins of beans.

Linky

Buckle up everyone. Extended time on the bench just around the corner.
    Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Doomed I tell yer....

Comment

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

But prospects will be worse if interest rates are not cut soon, it adds.

So, you want to solve the problem caused by too much loose lending and too low rates by loosening lending and rates ???

Why are they so dumb?

Comment

Let go back to boom I say.

Drop interest rates to zero and make it illegal for banks not to lend 10x income again.

Boomed!

Comment

we're doomed n all that
            Last edited by scooterscot; 18 August 2008, 10:29.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The economy has been built up around low interest rates for too long, problem is when inflation goes up like it has the ability to put the interest rate up isn't so easy.

I find the situation a bit strange, just 2 months ago there were almost street riots over petrol prices, now it's all gone a bit quiet, people get used it it perhaps? Is it really the case that a few pence on petrol causes people to lose their homes or can't meet basic living costs? I sometimes wonder if people just expect a too high standard of living these days. I remember back in the 80s when I was younger people in general had very little, seems like everyone expects to have 2 cars, a holiday, new clothes, games consoles, etc or they feel like they are living in poverty!??
              The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
                The economy has been built up around low interest rates for too long, problem is when inflation goes up like it has the ability to put the interest rate up isn't so easy.

I find the situation a bit strange, just 2 months ago there were almost street riots over petrol prices, now it's all gone a bit quiet, people get used it it perhaps? Is it really the case that a few pence on petrol causes people to lose their homes or can't meet basic living costs? I sometimes wonder if people just expect a too high standard of living these days. I remember back in the 80s when I was younger people in general had very little, seems like everyone expects to have 2 cars, a holiday, new clothes, games consoles, etc or they feel like they are living in poverty!??
                I notice the media these days talk like it is your god given right to own your own home (rather than rent).

Any family with less than 5 cars and 2 exotic holidays per year is now in poverty.

Comment

Yup, I confirm that - C# Asp.Net market in London is now officially dead.

Started looking at 1st of August and only had one interview - with an agency...

I have to confess to rejecting few interviews on grounds of small rates, in the recent week not even small rates are on offer.

On a funny side, I saw an advert for a C# Contractor paying stellar £150 per day!

And a PHP developer paying £10-11 ph :-)

Will wee stand round street corners with "will code C# for food" signs in few months? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by qska View Post
                    Yup, I confirm that - C# Asp.Net market in London is now officially dead.

Started looking at 1st of August and only had one interview - with an agency...

I have to confess to rejecting few interviews on grounds of small rates, in the recent week not even small rates are on offer.

On a funny side, I saw an advert for a C# Contractor paying stellar £150 per day!

And a PHP developer paying £10-11 ph :-)

Will wee stand round street corners with "will code C# for food" signs in few months? ;-)
                    Yes. Next.

Comment

Working...
                    X