• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there any point in saving?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any point in saving?

Inflation heading for 7% and banks paying around 6% interest AND then any interest you do make is reduced to about 3.5% by higher rate tax.

So, if you've got money, you may as well go out and spend it and enjoy it before it is completely worthless.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    So, if you've got money, you may as well go out and spend it and enjoy it before it is completely worthless.
    Spend, spend, spend!!!
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Push money into the economy... BOOOOOOOOOMED
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Inflation heading for 7% and banks paying around 6% interest AND then any interest you do make is reduced to about 3.5% by higher rate tax.

Put all savings in the wifes name and avoid the extra tax, problem with that is it will still get spent...

Comment

Buy shares in debt management companies.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            Put all savings in the wifes name and avoid the extra tax, problem with that is it will still get spent...
            It's the wifes money I was intending on spending.

Comment

Married into money?

The ultimate Plan B.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Lucky bugger! Me wife's business is doing well..mine slowing down. Guess who's still footing the bills.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                  Lucky bugger! Me wife's business is doing well..mine slowing down. Guess who's still footing the bills.
                  Her?

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                    The Taxpayers?
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X