• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Confused of Manchester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused of Manchester

The road I come to work on has only two lanes. The recent discussion about middle laners being no brainers has left me confused.

Which lane should I use ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Avoid confusion and take the train!
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      The road I come to work on has only two lanes. The recent discussion about middle laners being no brainers has left me confused.

In these cases, the pavement may be classed as an alternate lane.
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Simple - you should be in the mid-point of the road, one wheel to each side of that white line, that's what it's there for!
        Bored.

Comment

I briefly glimpsed some of Andrew Marr's excellent 'Britain From Above' series last week and, were my eyes deceiving me, or do ships in the 'English' channel use a right hand lane rule? Similarly air ways above Britain looked froggy rule oriented

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            I briefly glimpsed some of Andrew Marr's excellent 'Britain From Above' series last week and, were my eyes deceiving me, or do ships in the 'English' channel use a right hand lane rule? Similarly air ways above Britain looked froggy rule oriented
            You were not deceived.

And that little mini roundabout - thats the Isle of Wight

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

if you want 2 lane madness, try the M11 from Stansted to Cambridge at rush hour
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Nautical rule of the road. Port to Port
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Not so much froggy rule orientated as international maritime law orientated, much of which we help draft in the first place. AFAIK aviation law was originally derived from maritime law.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    Nautical rule of the road. Port to Port
                    Why can't they just say bleeding left and right

Comment

Working...
                    X