• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many fingers do you see Winston

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many fingers do you see Winston

Here is a rant from Pravda

http://english.pravda.ru/russia/politics/106119-0/

Now although pravda is to be taken with a pinch of salt, I would imagine that this kind of slant typifies most coverage of the war in either Russia or any CIS state with Russian sympathies, granted that this version may be extreme.

My reason for inclusion was to try and guage the similarity between Russia and a post WW1 Germany.

I think that their are as many similarities (Nationalist rhetoric, Economic resurgence after humiliation etc), my main question is where will Russian territorial ambitions end?

AFAICS, the same argument or "formula" could be used in more or less the same way in the Baltic states who have sizable ethnic Russian minorities.

With ther exception of the Baltic states(And only very marginally for that matter), most ex USSR states are corrupt and inefficient poltical and economic entities that to more or less of a degree have retained more characteristics of the Soviet Union than Russia has itself, in every one of them, IMHO there would be at least one disgruntled ethnic group which would use Russian nationlist ambitions to their own ends

At what point would the western europe/USA need to make a stand where any further territorial expansion would be countered by military force?

Additionally, what would be Russia's optimum territorial aquisition? It has a huge area to administer and I would not think that territorial aquisition for the sake of it would be on the agenda.

Should we be worried about more than just the price of good Chardonnay and house prices?
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

I got a spam e-mail the other day that made more interesting reading that what you've typed
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
      I got a spam e-mail the other day that made more interesting reading that what you've typed
      Penis enlargement?

I got a lot of those ones...
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
        Penis enlargement?

But you're tall enough, Right?
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          But you're tall enough, Right?
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
            Penis enlargement?

Actually I've been getting loads of spam asking me if I want an MBA or doctorate. They obviously aren't putting the .co.uk address to the fact that I can just get an MA from the likes of Newcastle Uni etc for less effort.

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
              Here is a rant from Pravda

http://english.pravda.ru/russia/politics/106119-0/

Should we be worried about more than just the price of good Chardonnay and house prices?
              It seems that most people are. What has supprised me in this conflight is the huge amount disinformation. Even the BBC used fake photographs and video footage.

Just some here as shown on BBC.

http://ossetians.com/eng/news.php?ne...613fdf34e44b06
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                It seems that most people are. What has supprised me in this conflight is the huge amount disinformation. Even the BBC used fake photographs and video footage.

Just some here as shown on BBC.

http://ossetians.com/eng/news.php?ne...613fdf34e44b06
                Excellent catch Paddy
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

... and the photographs that the BBC and UK media did not show.

http://ossetians.com/eng/news.php?ne...43de06ab38584d
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                  X