• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kinder Downfall

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinder Downfall

Was camping at the weekend in the Peak District, and ver nice it was too. The missus was looking through some maps on Friday in the pub and says to me

'I always wanted you to see Kinder, its only 8 miles and its a difficulty three.'

So we hiked up to Kinder downfall, in trainers. Six hours later we are in the pub in Hayfield, I am sh@gged out and says to the missus
    'If thats a three, I would hate to do a fking five'

'Oh the difficulty only goes up to level three'

I feel like I've done a few rounds with Mike Tyson

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Get her to lead you up Striding Edge and Helvellyn, thats a walk
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

But aren't you also feeling smug at the lazy gets who didn't get out of their cars?
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        But aren't you also feeling smug at the lazy gets who didn't get out of their cars?
        not so much that, but I tell what I am proud about.
        When we got back, I was sweating like a sweaty thing, tongue hanging out. There was a live band in the pub and the barman says to me 'are you with the family ? are you a guest ? sorry it's a private function'
        'Nah I'm a resident'
        'ok sir what would you like ?'

I forgot to tell him I was a resident of the camp site half a mile down the road
        heh heh

quick thinking contractors r us

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

I thought this was going to be a thread about the low quality of toys in Kinder eggs

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
            I thought this was going to be a thread about the low quality of toys in Kinder eggs
            WHS

I'm disappointed.
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Get her to lead you up Striding Edge and Helvellyn, thats a walk
              Striding Edge.

Last time I was there it was like queuing for the checkout at Tesco.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                Striding Edge.

Last time I was there it was like queuing for the checkout at Tesco.
                Yeah, it can get busy up there, especially when the weather is good
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Try doing Spiderman in the Brecons. In the dark and 2 foot of snow. Then come back and moan.

Poof
                  "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                    Try doing Spiderman in the Brecons. In the dark and 2 foot of snow. Then come back and moan.

Poof
                    Spiderman in 2 foot of snow.
                    pah

try it in 2 foot one inch

gayboy

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X