• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

filetravel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

filetravel

Anybody here with Filetravel? My partner has just come off the phone where she was told she can't put through expenses any more. Can anyone confirm or otherwise? Thanks for your help.

Nope but this would point to the fact that after HMRC investigations they have been stopped from allowing expense claims.

Would need to check whether it was for all of their contractors or just for your missus.

For example

Has she been in some role at same client for 2 years?

Has she been creativy claiming expenses?

Comment

Interesting. It could be the expenses are being stopped because of the 24 month rule.

Or it could be that company is having its HMRC dispensation reviewed.

This could well be a sign of the latest HMRC/Govt attack who have now turned their attentions to umbrella expense payments to contractors.
      Make your choice. Let the game begin.

Comment

They won't tell her about anyone else with them and I called up but they won't speak to me (fair wnough i guess). Is anyone from filetravel a member of this forum?

Comment

Perhaps they are jumping the gun and stopping expenses before the government stop them?

It would be interesting if any other filetravel users have had the same experience.
          "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Working...
          X