• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I need a business bank account with ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a business bank account with ...

Hi,

I'm starting to research a new business bank account. Currently I'm with Cater Allen, and for the services they provide, I cannot fault them.

Trouble is, they don't offer much of what I'm after.

I'm trying to expand revenue streams, and would consider having the following things as 'a good bank account'.

1. Euro currency account (I receive Euro cheques regularly, and don't want to convert to sterling immediately).

2. Merchant acount - Obviously this not commonplace, but would be an added advantage.

3. A bank that actually is open to business loans and overdrafts. I phoned Cater Allen about this, and they flat out don't loan money.

4. Low bank charges, naturally.

Any suggestions, other than wise cracks.

Originally posted by jiminajam View Post
    Hi,

I'm starting to research a new business bank account. Currently I'm with Cater Allen, and for the services they provide, I cannot fault them.

Trouble is, they don't offer much of what I'm after.

I'm trying to expand revenue streams, and would consider having the following things as 'a good bank account'.

1. Euro currency account (I receive Euro cheques regularly, and don't want to convert to sterling immediately).

2. Merchant acount - Obviously this not commonplace, but would be an added advantage.

3. A bank that actually is open to business loans and overdrafts. I phoned Cater Allen about this, and they flat out don't loan money.

4. Low bank charges, naturally.

Any suggestions, other than wise cracks.
    Why do you need one bank to do it all under one account.

For example http://www.currenciesdirect.com/uk/ will allow you to work in Euros and have a UK (sterling account) linked. So will www.moneycorp.com and offer better rate and limit orders.

Loans, shop around for the best deal. Same for Internet merchant accounts again they can be linked to a business account seamlessly.

Some people are really strange I must say, expecting one account to be the best at everything and offer every service.

Comment

Sorry for my obvious naivety, expecting a bank that offers these services, it's just that in Ireland, (yes I'm Irish, and no, going back there is not a possible answer), banks regularly provide all these services under one roof.

Like, imagine my surprise when I spoke with Cater Allen to discuss a bridging loan to expand my business, and they said 'errm. no, we don't loan money'?

Anyway, if I have to do the legwork to find each of these seemingly fragment services, then fine, but the essence of my original question is still valid;

Does anyone have good things to say in relation to their bank that provides any or all of the services I mentioned above?

(I am thankful for your prompt response DimPrawn.)
      Last edited by jiminajam; 19 August 2008, 07:55.

Comment

cater allen do euro account with good exchange rates...I use one now.

Comment

Working...
        X