• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Renting near(ish) Heathrow ... Getting used to Aircraft Noises

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renting near(ish) Heathrow ... Getting used to Aircraft Noises

The next Chapter of my contracting life seems to be taking me to a 3 months studio-rent in the Heathrow-nearby-parishes of Isleworth/Hounslow/Southhall. Anyone living there and can confirm if you get used to horrendous sound from the descending air-crafts ? Every 5 mins ? .

I am pretty certain I better get some ear-plugs ASAP

Originally posted by Likely View Post
    The next Chapter of my contracting life seems to be taking me to a 3 months studio-rent in the Heathrow-nearby-parishes of Isleworth/Hounslow/Southhall. Anyone living there and can confirm if you get used to horrendous sound from the descending air-crafts ? Every 5 mins ? .

I grew up under the flightpath to Glasgow Airport and was used to aircraft noise. Well I thought so till I did a 3 month gig and rented in Hounslow.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      I grew up under the flightpath to Glasgow Airport and was used to aircraft noise. Well I thought so till I did a 3 month gig and rented in Hounslow.
      Does at become bearable at least at night ? The landlord said aircraft traffic reduces after 8 PM. ?

IF you keep the windows closed ?

Last defence - a pillow on the head ?
      Last edited by Likely; 18 August 2008, 19:36.

Comment

Does at become bearable at least at night ? The landlord said aircraft traffic reduces after 8 PM. ?
        Yes, time restrictions at Heathrow but being less than a mile from the threshold was a pain first thing in the morning. And then there's Hounslow...
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Why did you move there? Where are you working?

Why any idiot would live in West London is quite breyond me - East is far better.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Why did you move there? Where are you working?

Why any idiot would live in West London is quite breyond me - East is far better.
            Well it is temporary and is Isleworth which is 1 mile further away compared to Hounslow.

Calming myself down ..

Comment

Get some of these

They are excellent and extremely comfortable to wear, even when sleeping.
              I have used them for years (and ears)
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I can't remember now, but I think the flights don't start again before 06:00 AM.

Comment

They follow specific flight paths. For instance Slough and Iver are affected, so is Richmond but Uxbridge is not.

Have a look at figure 3 here

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/aviation/e...iseheath07.pdf

There's a pretty strict east-west noise area from the airport that's noisy.

Ashford, Middlesex, is not overflown, yet very close to the airport. If you're that bothered, I'd go there.

Comment

move all the deaf people near Heathrow
                    move all the blind people to Salford (they dont have to look at the slappers)
                    move all the fat people to Yorkshire because its flat
                    move all the good swimmers to Bocastle
                    move all the robbers to Liverpool
                    move all those with linguistic difficulties to Birmingham

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X