• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House sale dilemma….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House sale dilemma….

Desperately trying to flog my old house – was a realistic £230K, now come down to £205K. Still no interest.

Plan B is to keep and rent and flog in either 2, 5 or 10 years, depending how the market goes.

Considering price crashing down to £190K for a week and hoping.

What is likely to be best? Ie, are prices likely to continue to plummet over the coming years, in which case get shot now, or, just hope I can get a tenant who can cope with Italian Mafia neighours??

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Desperately trying to flog my old house – was a realistic £230K, now come down to £205K. Still no interest.

Plan B is to keep and rent and flog in either 2, 5 or 10 years, depending how the market goes.

What is likely to be best? Ie, are prices likely to continue to plummet over the coming years, in which case get shot now, or, just hope I can get a tenant who can cope with Italian Mafia neighours??
    Lets assume for a minute that you are actually real.

Have you considered selling your house at an auction? Quick sale and you can put a reserve, and hope some nutter gets into a bidding war.

HTH

Comment

Wilmslow!

<< canned laughter >>
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Have you considered selling your house at an auction? Quick sale and you can put a reserve, and hope some nutter gets into a bidding war.
        Are properties still selling at auction? It seems to me that it's simply the case at the moment that very few people can get mortgages to buy a house, or that those who do have money are waiting to see if prices drop further. So the whole property market is stagnant. Whether you drop your asking price, or go to auction, or hold out... if there are no buyers then you're going nowhere.

I really wanted to sell my house this year, but I've resigned to staying put for now. It's not even on the market at the moment. I think it would just be a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
          Are properties still selling at auction? It seems to me that it's simply the case at the moment that very few people can get mortgages to buy a house, or that those who do have money are waiting to see if prices drop further. So the whole property market is stagnant. Whether you drop your asking price, or go to auction, or hold out... if there are no buyers then you're going nowhere.

I really wanted to sell my house this year, but I've resigned to staying put for now. It's not even on the market at the moment. I think it would just be a waste of time.
          There are still cash buyers out there. Worth a punt at an auction at a heavily discounted price.

Comment

Houses will fall until the price to earnings ratio approaches the long term average. Just when that point will be, anyone can guess and not be wrong.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

How about spending some time and hard earned on doing it up to immaculate standard and then sell it at a great profit in 6 - 12 months time?
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                How about spending some time and hard earned on doing it up to immaculate standard and then sell it at a great profit in 6 - 12 months time?

2 - 10 years time.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

2 - 10 years time.
                  You think I had W's best interests at heart?
                  "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Sell it, and buy a chateau in France. Cheap as chips. Rent THAT out and you have a) A stately home b) Income c) Somewhere to live, once the UK has reverted to primordial sludge.

And live in a cardboard box, meanwhile, of course. Well, no plan is flawless.
                    Last edited by Bob Dalek; 19 August 2008, 14:02.

Comment

Working...
                    X