• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

permie java developers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

permie java developers

I've nearly just fallen off my chair... the permie java developer next to me has just come up with this gem.

to be honest they [Sun] could have just got round this reflection stuff by just using if statements

He's right! I completely agree.

Reflection is just smoke and mirrors, err with less smoke.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Don't worry he won't be there for long. A future in Senior Management beckons.....

Comment

I'm working in a 100% contractor team who are having difficulties with the architecture I've presented them with. Data Access / Business Logic / Presentation. "I've read 200 pages of a C# book and they do not structure it in this way."

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
          I've nearly just fallen off my chair... the permie java developer next to me has just come up with this gem.
          Gimme RPG/400 any day. Reflection? Classes? Inheritance? Cobblers!

Comment

I'm working in a 100% contractor team who are having difficulties with the architecture I've presented them with. Data Access / Business Logic / Presentation. "I've read 200 pages of a C# book and they do not structure it in this way."
            That is scarey, fundamental to every design. Hence C#, component orientated, surprised at the book not explaining this. I have been developing in C#, Data Access etc since PDC of 2001. One layer to modify in the event of change and a team not knowing this. eek

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
              C# for Dummiesest

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                C# for Dummiesest
                BTW, I'm available for training services. You provide the planks & heads

Comment

Another classic quote from the other day when I was trying to explain the benefits of running a build server/cruise control (after having a few instances of going back and forth asking developers for missing files) "In the past on some projects we haven't used any source control and just put our files on a central machine, could this save us some time?"

Comment

Interested to know how those if statements would look.

Lack of source control is more common than you think, even these days

Comment

Working...
                    X