• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

He's (nearly) back, He's (nearly) back, He's (not) on the right track

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's (nearly) back, He's (nearly) back, He's (not) on the right track

The man who's stage name is rhyming slang for the dirty hole (as in "Do you take it up the Gary?") will be back in the UK tomorrow morning. What are the odds on him being on the next Celebrity Big Brother?

Personally, I hope he dies a horrible and painful death. Along with Jonathan King.

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    The man who's stage name is rhyming slang for the dirty hole (as in "Do you take it up the Gary?") will be back in the UK tomorrow morning. What are the odds on him being on the next Celebrity Big Brother?

Personally, I hope he dies a horrible and painful death. Along with Jonathan King.
    Hmmm. Are you the sort of person who sets fire to pedalos, paediatricians' houses, etc.? Glitter, sure, no question. KIng? Different story entirely.

Comment

I find it very odd that a childhood hero of mine(I even went to see in concert in early eighties at uni - a 70s retro thing) has done such vile things and so needs to be killed. Couldn't he just be tortured?

Comment

Those pictures of the Snot Goblin in a nappy etc, must be getting very expensive.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Strange how their records get so little airtime these days...
          Not long after Gary was found out, the Beeb used one of his songs on a kids programme!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
            Hmmm. Are you the sort of person who sets fire to pedalos, paediatricians' houses, etc.? Glitter, sure, no question. KIng? Different story entirely.
            According to Jonathan King himself he's not a paedophile, because according to some obscure definition that would involve having sex with a child under 14, and he says he never did. Which implies that he had sex with children between 14 and 16. That's sufficient to be grouped in with people like Gary Glitter IMHO. Sorry if you don't agree.

Comment

Oh no! He's had a "heart attack". Let's hope it's real.

Comment

According to Jonathan King himself he's not a paedophile, because according to some obscure definition that would involve having sex with a child under 14, and he says he never did. Which implies that he had sex with children between 14 and 16. That's sufficient to be grouped in with people like Gary Glitter IMHO. Sorry if you don't agree.
                No. He had sex with 16+ year olds, male & female. At the time, gay sex with 16 year olds was illegal. Now it isn't. He's no Glitter. So, he was imprisoned for doing that which is now legal. I disagree with his having done it, but it's hardly kiddies in Thailand.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                  No. He had sex with 16+ year olds, male & female. At the time, gay sex with 16 year olds was illegal. Now it isn't. He's no Glitter. So, he was imprisoned for doing that which is now legal. I disagree with his having done it, but it's hardly kiddies in Thailand.
                  According to the BBC "King...was jailed in 2001 for four indecent assaults and two serious sexual offences on boys aged 14 and 15". He hasn't won an appeal against his conviction, so that means he was guilty. If he wins an appeal I'll withdraw my comments about him.

Comment

According to the BBC "King...was jailed in 2001 for four indecent assaults and two serious sexual offences on boys aged 14 and 15". He hasn't won an appeal against his conviction, so that means he was guilty. If he wins an appeal I'll withdraw my comments about him.
                    Did you see the interview/documentary with him (I think about 2 years back)?

I don't think he did anything that would, today, be seen as illegal. And I dobt (that's doubt, not know) that he did anything with minors, using the current definition of the word. i.e. I do not think he is a paedophile in the same way as Glitter. If your "Must burn a paedo" desire has to be satisfied, why not, instead, have a pop at Bill Wyman who has admitted, in his autobiography, that he knowingly bedded a 14 year old (Mandy Smith), yet got nothing more than "Good on yer, mate!" and a bit of envious tut-tutting, but no porridge?

Comment

Working...
                    X