• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The End

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The End

Set to finish my contract which has lasted just about 1 year and 3 months.

- I don't have a mortgage
    - I recently no longer have a girlfriend and am mourning
    - All I pay is rent
    - I have about 25k in my business account where I pay myself from and lots more in my personal savings

Should I look for a new contract or go traveling?

P

**** off travelling

Seriously

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post
      Set to finish my contract which has lasted just about 1 year and 3 months.

- I don't have a mortgage
      - I recently no longer have a girlfriend and am mourning
      - All I pay is rent
      - I have about 25k in my business account where I pay myself from and lots more in my personal savings

Should I look for a new contract or go traveling?

P
      Go to South America for 2 months mate. Cheap as chips and trust me, you will not be mourning when you get back. I spent 6 weeks in Rio. Best time of my life, ever!!!!
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        **** off travelling

Seriously
        WHS

Seriously
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          **** off travelling

Seriously
          WHS

And why not film yourself doing a dance in each place you visit, then get sponsored by a chewing gum manufacturer to do it all over again.

Ah, wait, somebody already did that
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

get yourself gone. Suntan, cold beer and sex with young backpackers with trust funds. Why the ferk do you need to ask!?
            The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
              get yourself gone. Suntan, cold beer and sex with young backpackers with trust funds. Why the ferk do you need to ask!?
              Indeed.

'tis a no-brainer, Peter. Get the hell out there!

Comment

6 months out travelling south america (or south east asia) then head up to Canada and do a ski season - that's what I'd do!!!!

Least last time I was in that situation, it's what I did. Best time of my life.
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Don't listen to them, they're all talking rubbish.

Plenty of work in Slough - go there. You'll never look back...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                    Don't listen to them, they're all talking rubbish.

Plenty of work in Slough - go there. You'll never look back...

Comment

Working...
                    X