• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'I'm so f***ing happy'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'I'm so f***ing happy'

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/olympic...in_page_id=310

After the race, Shaw told the BBC: "I am just so happy. It was such a hard race and I had such a hard week. It's the best thing in the world.

"I love my mum and dad so much, they are so supportive. And my boyfriend Greg. My coach Tom is such a legend. I am so f***ing happy.

"I just wanted to sail as fast as I could. Well done to the Chinese and Italian girls, they have raced so well this week. I am so happy to be among the medals. It's unreal, I am just so happy."
    Class with a capital ASS.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Excellent.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
      It was a real pleasure to hear her emotional response to her win. None of this calm, considered approach that these "professional interviewees" seem to give, measuring their words to be "politically correct" being afraid to give the slightest offence. We could do with more of this!!!
      It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
        It was a real pleasure to hear her emotional response to her win. None of this calm, considered approach that these "professional interviewees" seem to give, measuring their words to be "politically correct" being afraid to give the slightest offence. We could do with more of this!!!
        She got bronze.

Imagine what she would have said if she got gold!

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Ah, British women.

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
            Completely agree, when you see the emotion you appreciate more what it means to them to win a medal at an Olympics.

Contrast that to the womens rowers (quads) who came second and took their silver medals as though someone was hanging a piece of s*** around their neck! I know they were disappointed to lose the gold, but silver is still an achievement to be proud of as so many factors come into play for that one race.

Comment

Originally posted by techno View Post
              Completely agree, when you see the emotion you appreciate more what it means to them to win a medal at an Olympics.

Contrast that to the womens rowers (quads) who came second and took their silver medals as though someone was hanging a piece of s*** around their neck! I know they were disappointed to lose the gold, but silver is still an achievement to be proud of as so many factors come into play for that one race.
              Dunno so much - it's a mindset thing. I worked my nuts off years ago just to get to county standard (and I wan't that successful when I got there); to get to international class requires incredible dedication. For a lot of people the motivator is that you are going to win first prize so anything less is failure. It doesn't matter to them that in absolute terms they are the second best in the world, they aren't the best...

It's a different approach, and I prefer the bronze winner's attitude any day, but neither one is wrong.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
              X