• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Offshore trust schemes buys advertising space on CUK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offshore trust schemes buys advertising space on CUK

Looks like these guys have got themselves a banner ad on every current CUK article.

http://www.prl.eu.com/

From their "Brochure"

How do we deliver…
    - Contract through your own limited company
    - You will be the sole Director, employee and
    shareholder
    - Monthly payments into your Limited Company on the
    15th of each month
    - You are paid a PAYE salary and your expenses
    monthly.
    - Your PSC can make a bonus contribution to a Trust
    (www.Lutea.com) which in turn can pay you as a
    beneficiary.
    Last edited by DaveB; 21 August 2008, 13:37.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Looks like these guys have got themselves a banner ad on every current CUK article.

http://www.prl.eu.com/

From their "Brochure"

How do we deliver…
    - Contract through your own limited company
    - You will be the sole Director, employee and
    shareholder
    - Monthly payments into your Limited Company on the
    15th of each month
    - You are paid a PAYE salary and your expenses
    monthly.
    - Your PSC can make a bonus contribution to a Trust
    (www.Lutea.com) which in turn can pay you as a
    beneficiary.
    They've been on for at least a week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by dezze View Post
      They've been on for at least a week or so.
      Fair do's, don't normally read the articles anyway. Only saw it cos I clicked on the wrong link by mistake.

0870 Special Services Higher Rate number as well. Classy
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Considering everything that is going on, I'm surprised CUK are selling advertising space...money is money I suppose.

Comment

Considering everything that is going on, I'm surprised CUK are selling advertising space...money is money I suppose.
          How do you think they fund the site? Did you not notice the JSA ads that preceded these?

Funnily enough, putting information on teh Intarwebz is not free - the people who provide these services have to pay for them somehow. And given the traffic the CUK forums have to deal with every day...

Comment

Looks like this is operating out of Jersey. If I did not have 2.5 years exposure to IOM I would look into it.

Looks like HMRC will have to fight on several fronts for the offshore schemes. Unless they do the sensible thing and close them down straight away.....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              How do you think they fund the site? Did you not notice the JSA ads that preceded these?

Funnily enough, putting information on teh Intarwebz is not free - the people who provide these services have to pay for them somehow. And given the traffic the CUK forums have to deal with every day...
              I understand that sites survive by selling advertising...it is just that this is such a hot topic at the moment, especially with the Montpelier situation, I was surprised (as it appears others are) that CUK was selling advertising to an offshore scheme promoter. I don't think JSA are promoting such scheme.

Comment

I understand that sites survive by selling advertising...it is just that this is such a hot topic at the moment, especially with the Montpelier situation, I was surprised (as it appears others are) that CUK was selling advertising to an offshore scheme promoter. I don't think JSA are promoting such scheme.

does this mean offshore schemes have some sort of tacit approval from cuk?

have cuk ever charged for posting here? or asked for volunterary contributions towards funding?
                Last edited by Contractor UK; 8 January 2010, 11:06.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

tulip
                  Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                  X