• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worlds oldest man dies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worlds oldest man dies

World's oldest man dies at the age of 138.

I'm only reporting this for edification purposes, not saying it's true. He doesn't look a day over 125 to me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...s-age-138.html

- He has received a pension since 1938
    - Has outlived his wife by 70 years
    - Was probably too old to fight in the 2nd (of three) World War, what with being a pensioner when it broke out
    - Was probably probably pretty healthy into old age since penicillin still hadn't even been discovered

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    World's oldest man dies at the age of 138.

I'm only reporting this for edification purposes, not saying it's true. He doesn't look a day over 125 to me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...s-age-138.html

- He has received a pension since 1938
    - Has outlived his wife by 70 years
    - Was probably too old to fight in the 2nd (of three) World War, what with being a pensioner when it broke out
    - Was probably probably pretty healthy into old age since penicillin still hadn't even been discovered
    Yes, yes. But how much was his house worth in his will - the readers demand an answer?
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

fook me nue lie will have has working until we're 100 if this becomes the norm...
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Not only did his Birth Certificate say he was born in 1870, it also says he had an MCSE in Windows 2000 and a Masters in Computer Science.

You can't beat these Indian chappies.

Comment

If the oldest man in the world has died, does that mean there is no longer an oldest man in the world.

Comment

The world's oldest man never dies, because as soon as he's no longer alive, someone else becomes the oldest man alive.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              The world's oldest man never dies, because as soon as he's no longer alive, someone else becomes the oldest man alive.
              I was hoping someone would point this out...

It's really more about the second oldest man being promoted...
              B00med!

Comment

Wow, does that mean I'm now the 1,923,341,245th oldest man in the world?
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

1,923,341,244th

1,923,341,243th

1,923,341,242th ........

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
                    1,923,341,244th

1,923,341,243th

1,923,341,242th ........

*** !!! KA-BOOM !!! ***

Comment

Working...