• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free advice

When coming to the end of a contract do you feel the need to offer some "free advice" to the managers about how they should "improve things around here?"

It's really tempting sometimes...
    Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

No - it's pointless. If they wanted to know, they'd ask - they don't. Chuckle to yourself and walk away.

Comment

let them cock it up and call you back in to fix
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

A few places I have worked could only be improved with a few gallons of petrol and a lighted match.

Unless you think your "free advice" might lead you to another contract, no, move onwards (and upwards).

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
          When coming to the end of a contract do you feel the need to offer some "free advice" to the managers about how they should "improve things around here?"

It's really tempting sometimes...
          Oh I did that one time, big mistake. End of project, lessons learned summary. Lesson learnt? You're all a bunch of idiots who couldn't manage a piss-up in brewery (I'm paraphrasing, but that was the gist of it). That's when I realised I needed to make plans for a future sans contracting.
          Bored.

Comment

If someone tried to tell me how to run my business, they would get a short sharp response
            so I wouldn't presume to do it to others

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              If someone tried to tell me how to run my business, they would get a short sharp response
              so I wouldn't presume to do it to others
              :
              Indeed. That's the government's job that is.

Comment

Working...
              X